Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#69206 by mkran
Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:49 am
I have my Ooma number ring on both the Ooma and my cell phone via multiring. My cell phone has a bluetooth headset paired with it. If I buy an Ooma bluetooth adapter and pair it with the same headset, and I am next to the Ooma and my cell phone when they ring, which phone will get the call if I try to answer it on the headset? I want it to be the Ooma if it's possible to force it one way or the other. I wouldn't bother buying the adapter if the call comes in on the cell anyway.
#69219 by lbmofo
Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:44 am
Things might have changed since my last check but this is just like having 2 cell phones but only 1 bluetooth headset.

Unfortunately, unless you have an advanced headset, it can only pair with 1 cell phone at a time. So whatever cell phone you paired the headset with last, the headset will work with.
#69224 by mkran
Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:45 am
My Jabra BT530 says it can pair with 2 devices, but does not offer any detail on how it works. The manual says,

"Jabra BT 530 is capable of having two mobile phones (or Bluetooth
devices) connected to the headset at the same time. This will give
you the freedom of having only one headset to operate both your
mobile phones."

I'll probably buy the adapter and see what happens since I can get another headset if necessary.