Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#68349 by beerman1957
Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:38 am
I think since I own the OOMA, I should be able to delete the call log at any time. I am a little bit concerned about security and I would like the option to delete the entire log instead of waiting for 60 days for it to drop off.

Is there some legal or technical reason I can't delete my own phone logs? They do belong to me, after all.
#68400 by Jerry_NA
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:04 pm
Welcome to the Ooma forums. I am just another customer replying, not an official Ooma spokesperson or employee. You own your Ooma Hub or Telo, but not the Ooma servers where your voicemail and calling logs reside. I suppose there is no technical reason this cannot be modified (unsure about legal), but from what I have read the 60 day call log is considered a "feature", not a bug. Most people want it, and a very few do not. Since Ooma is not reporting being overwhelmed with demands for an erasable call log, then they will probably not changed that programming.
#69077 by amoney
Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 pm
I am under the impression that the call logs that we see are the actual call logs on the back end. In that case, Ooma may provide a option to "hide" the logs from your viewing pleasure but as with any telco the logs are always stored.

So if you plan to do anything mischievous I would suggest doing such from an anonymous source.

:D
#69250 by murphy
Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:49 pm
fjgoslin wrote:I would just like to delete some of the calls in my call log. I really only need to look at the ones that it has for the last 2 weeks... :?

If you could delete entries it would no longer be a call log.
#69252 by lbmofo
Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:54 pm
fjgoslin wrote:I would just like to delete some of the calls in my call log. I really only need to look at the ones that it has for the last 2 weeks... :?

Why don't you throw away the key so logs can't be looked at?
#78814 by murphy
Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:53 am
Because it would then no longer be a call log.
The entries roll off after 60 days.