Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#68044 by tjnamtiw
Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:52 pm
I just upgraded from my old ATT separate modem and a Linksys wireless router to an all in one Att 2wire modem/router. I see a huge improvement in speed BUT I have lost my one computer from my network. It is the one that, following the directions posted here, is connected to my router THROUGH the ooma Hub. I ran a line from the router to the Hub and then from the Hub to my computer. Ooma still works great, as it has for a couple of years! Unfortunately, I couldn't see the computer on my network AND the network printer! If I disconnect one of the four lines running to the router and hook my computer in question directly to the router instead of through the Hub, I can again see the computer and printer. Any ideas since I would like to keep all four devices hooked to the net without employing another switch?
#68073 by murphy
Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:37 am
You will need a switch.
The computer connected to the Ooma Home port is double NATed and thus is not in the same subnet as the other devices.
#68279 by tjnamtiw
Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:29 am
Thanks, I was afraid of that! :P

Like I said, that sucks that it won't work but I can't complain too much since ooMa is great. I have a spare switch anyway but just didn't want MORE wires running behind my console!!!
#68327 by nn5i
Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:12 am
Dang, I thought when we're all dead the one with the most wires behind the desk is the winner.
#68401 by Jerry_NA
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:11 pm
Dang, I've been operating on the assumption that the one with the most books wins. My wife, alas, disagrees- she also loves books but will only let me keep a few bookshelves worth at one time. Fortunately, the books in my computer don't count towards the "clutter" quotient. :)