Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#67719 by Michel Rousselin
Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:55 am
Over and again I make a call, the other person says hello, I can hear them but they can hear absolutely nothing. I have established that this has nothing to do with the "mute" thing on my hand piece.
#67720 by hpepper
Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:06 am
Which Ooma unit do you have... the black Telo? Have you been able to make successful calls before this? Is it new? If new, how do you have your system set up, MODEM > OOMA > ROUTER? who is your Internet provider and what type of service do you have? Any additional information would be helpful.

Welcome to the forums! You will find a lot of helpful people around here.
#67824 by Michel Rousselin
Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:20 am
I have had this setup for about two years. The router/modem combo is ActionTec and has not given me trouble so far.
Yes, the Telo is black. I have two hand sets, one here in the office and the other is in the kitchen. Both do this to me now and again. AT&T is my provider.
Apart from this problem, the system works well.

Has anyone ever spoken to an Ooma technician? I would be very willing to have someone who really knows Ooma come here because I am technically challenged, but most people I ask have never heard of Ooma. If they ask me how it works, I doubt their expertise.

I appreciate your interest.
Michel Rousselin