Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#66705 by ooma-fan
Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:32 am
Being a satisfied OOMA user, I have Core/Hub with two lines plus lifetime premier. My primary line is wiring to whole house, while my second line is for business and/or fax which would prefer a wired connection too.
I got an offer from OOMA to upgrade my Core/Hub with new Telo/handset, the price seems getting better, but I kind of doubt the new Telo/handset would be able to swap out my current Core/Hub without compromise. It's an old topic, but for those of you who just upgraded lately from Core/Hub, what are the major benefits or motivations with your Telo/handset upgrade?
Last edited by ooma-fan on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
#66706 by murphy
Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 am
The Telo can only drive one physical line.
Access to the second line, while the first line is in use, requires a Telo handset.
#66709 by ooma-fan
Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:52 am
Thanks Murphy, how is the HD voice, my scout without HD is quite good, can you call a third party with HD voice or just between Telo and handset?
#67072 by cmeisel
Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:38 pm
I personally feel the Telo call quality is much better. However, the handset is terrible (my opinion). It feel terrible (hard edges), bad battery life, small, really crappy b&w display and it actually seems to hang quite often.
And, had I known that the telo is not supporting a scout I would not have swapped the Hub for the telo.
I used to have a fax on one number and our phones on the other.
In order to do this now I would have to connect the fax to the telo and our number to the ooma handset (or handsets if I want more than one phone).
I really hope they re-think this and offer a scout. without it ooma is not really offering multiple numbers anymore (they are but with limited use. no second number for your dvr or fax, etc unless you buy a second and third telo)