Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#66700 by PTS
Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:05 am
Vonage is a joke.
#67089 by cmeisel
Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:18 pm
As much as I am upset at Ooma at times for the slow development cycle and the luck of configurations (if you select a default setting for anything it is always a good idea to allow users to change it which ooma is not doing in many cases).
this posting is as fake as it gets.
A person with connection issues with complain, call, post daily until they are resolved and/or leave within days not month.
Enjoy vonage and their not so settled way to take more and more out of your wallet for so called "taxes".
don't be surprised if vonage will be comcast very soon...
#67184 by matchlessme
Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:39 am
I am truly sympathetic, Robin, I have had each and every problem you mentioned--I had to go back to ATT as my primary phone since OOMA was so unreliable but "hope springs eternal"--so in hope that OOMA can and will get better I contine to pay my monthly fee for Premier service but OOMA only serves now as a voicemail answering machine for the few friends who still have my OOMA number as my primary phone number (it was formerly my ATT number and I ported it OOMA.

I do not know much about Vonage--but my SKYPE phone service outgoing was superior to OOMA in every way--just too hard for friends to remember to call me on the SKYPE system. Good luck!!
#67199 by roadshow
Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:16 pm
I guess some of us are just lucky. OOMA has been great for me. I tried skype for a short while, but absolutely hated it. The sound quality on my OOMA is FAR superiour to Skype. I have tried many phone services and so far OOMA has been the best overall.
#67201 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
matchlessme wrote:I am truly sympathetic, Robin, I have had each and every problem you mentioned--I had to go back to ATT as my primary phone since OOMA was so unreliable but "hope springs eternal"--so in hope that OOMA can and will get better I contine to pay my monthly fee for Premier service but OOMA only serves now as a voicemail answering machine for the few friends who still have my OOMA number as my primary phone number (it was formerly my ATT number and I ported it OOMA.

I do not know much about Vonage--but my SKYPE phone service outgoing was superior to OOMA in every way--just too hard for friends to remember to call me on the SKYPE system. Good luck!!

A couple of months after you joined, you complained about a few issues saying that you need them fixed before you wanted to port. Well, seems like a few months later, you ported your number to Ooma so I am assuming everything worked out well for you for a while at least? If you started having issues again, how come you didn't come to the forum again?