Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#65621 by jimf
Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:05 pm
In the past, I was plagued with the blacklist "service temporarily unavailable" error. After 3 calls to CS, this was escalated (twice) and blacklists started working again in a couple of days.

Now, a new error (in Firefox and IE) comes in a black box:
Failed to Add Blacklist Number

Error During Processing Of Request [null]

I tried this from the call log and the Blacklist preferences screen with the same result. Featurewise, I think blacklists really set Ooma apart from the competition, but it has to work to claim it as a feature! This seems to be a long-standing problem. I will say the message is a little more descriptive than "service temporarily unavailable".

Update:
Also, when attempting to change blacklist settings, I get this in a red box:
Please check out following fields

* There was a problem saving your blacklist settings.
#65632 by murphy
Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:51 am
How many entries do you have in your personal blacklist?
There is a limit of something like 170.
#65649 by ntoy
Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:10 am
Hello jimf,

Were you eventually successful? I see one entry in there.
Actually the limit is 256 now.
#65656 by shoek
Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:28 am
I'm getting an error today when I try to add a number to the blacklist, either via the call log icon or the blacklist preferences page.

Known issue that Ooma is working on?
#65676 by ntoy
Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:03 am
Hello shoek,

Unfortunately, you ran into a bug in our system. The issue has been resolved, but has not been pushed out to production.
We're going to try to get this out as soon as we can.
#65683 by tom08
Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:36 am
Hi, I'm running into exact bug (with exact error messages "Failed to Add Blacklist Number Error During Processing Of Request [null]") and am unable to update my list. :cry: This is also my #1 reason for signing up premier, I've already sent an email to support, but if any rep here can help escalate my issue I would much appreciate it!
#65686 by dmcgauley
Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:08 pm
I just subscribed to the premiere service and I'm getting the same errors. I called in and manually had them add numbers for me.
#65696 by Bobby B
Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:48 pm
Try enabling the blacklist feature now. The error should be fixed now.
#65704 by tom08
Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:01 pm
Works now, thanks.

I tried adding 3 numbers from the Call Logs page and it takes on average ~20 seconds to load up the "Manage blacklist item" and 5~10 seconds to save, I just tried speakeasy and I get 6.3mb download and 0.71mb upload, not sure why it's taking noticeably longer than I remember it to be..
#65717 by jimf
Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:52 pm
Seems to be working now but quite slow. Now I have 2 entries. Woo Hoo!

I do love the blacklist and if we can get this fixed, I'll probably port another number.