Blacklist Error

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Post Reply
jimf
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Blacklist Error

Post by jimf » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:05 pm

In the past, I was plagued with the blacklist "service temporarily unavailable" error. After 3 calls to CS, this was escalated (twice) and blacklists started working again in a couple of days.

Now, a new error (in Firefox and IE) comes in a black box:
Failed to Add Blacklist Number

Error During Processing Of Request [null]

I tried this from the call log and the Blacklist preferences screen with the same result. Featurewise, I think blacklists really set Ooma apart from the competition, but it has to work to claim it as a feature! This seems to be a long-standing problem. I will say the message is a little more descriptive than "service temporarily unavailable".

Update:
Also, when attempting to change blacklist settings, I get this in a red box:
Please check out following fields

* There was a problem saving your blacklist settings.

murphy
Posts: 7165
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Blacklist Error

Post by murphy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:51 am

How many entries do you have in your personal blacklist?
There is a limit of something like 170.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

ntoy

Re: Blacklist Error

Post by ntoy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:10 am

Hello jimf,

Were you eventually successful? I see one entry in there.
Actually the limit is 256 now.

shoek
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Blacklist Error

Post by shoek » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:28 am

I'm getting an error today when I try to add a number to the blacklist, either via the call log icon or the blacklist preferences page.

Known issue that Ooma is working on?

ntoy

Re: Blacklist Error

Post by ntoy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:03 am

Hello shoek,

Unfortunately, you ran into a bug in our system. The issue has been resolved, but has not been pushed out to production.
We're going to try to get this out as soon as we can.

tom08
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:29 am

Re: Blacklist Error

Post by tom08 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:36 am

Hi, I'm running into exact bug (with exact error messages "Failed to Add Blacklist Number Error During Processing Of Request [null]") and am unable to update my list. :cry: This is also my #1 reason for signing up premier, I've already sent an email to support, but if any rep here can help escalate my issue I would much appreciate it!

dmcgauley
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Re: Blacklist Error

Post by dmcgauley » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:08 pm

I just subscribed to the premiere service and I'm getting the same errors. I called in and manually had them add numbers for me.

User avatar
Bobby B
Ooma Moderator
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:41 pm
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Blacklist Error

Post by Bobby B » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:48 pm

Try enabling the blacklist feature now. The error should be fixed now.
Bobby B

tom08
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:29 am

Re: Blacklist Error

Post by tom08 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Works now, thanks.

I tried adding 3 numbers from the Call Logs page and it takes on average ~20 seconds to load up the "Manage blacklist item" and 5~10 seconds to save, I just tried speakeasy and I get 6.3mb download and 0.71mb upload, not sure why it's taking noticeably longer than I remember it to be..

jimf
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Blacklist Error

Post by jimf » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Seems to be working now but quite slow. Now I have 2 entries. Woo Hoo!

I do love the blacklist and if we can get this fixed, I'll probably port another number.

Post Reply