I just purchased an ooma and I'm still working out the kinks (like no incoming calls ringing in the house...seems to be a common issue when porting the number), but I had another question on the handset.
I have the telo in the middle of the house (by the cable modem and router) and I'm looking to place a telo dect in one of the rooms on the other side of the house.
Can anyone let me know from experience how far away the handset no longer functions? Is a few rooms away (not a big house by any stretch) still have good quality? Does it depend on wireless strength? Just curious.
I haven't seen any numbers specific to Telo handsets but here are DECT 6.0 attributes:
- Outstanding range. The range of DECT 6.0 cordless phones is approximately 2 to 3 times that of 5.8GHz phones and 20-25% better than 2.4 GHz phones. The number I see often is 300 feet.
- Excellent sound quality. There is no sacrifice to sound quality as conversations are crystal clear and sound great.
- No interference, static-free reception. We have personally tested DECT 6.0 cordless phones around wireless networks, microwaves, fluorescent lights, Coke machines, as well as other phones (2.4 GHz and 5.8GHz) and have found them to be completely free of static and interference.
- Improved security. The DECT 6.0 encryption layer prevents ease droppers from easily tapping into your conversations.
- Extended battery life. DECT 6.0 phones are inherently more efficient and provide approximately 30% better battery life than 5.8 GHz or 2.4 GHz phones. This means a talk time of 12 -16 hours between charges.
Awesome, thanks so much!!!!tommies wrote:I have the Telo in a corner of the basement, where the cable and phone lines come in. For this test, I take one HS to an upstairs room in the opposite corner, and it's just fine, sound clear, and the display signal has two bars. This is good enough for me.
Steel studs, plaster on wire mesh, and stucco (which is always on wire mesh) will have a reducing effect on the wireless signal.
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx