Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#64841 by mannino
Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:11 pm
I just checked my Ooma account and found $1.00 credit posted in it. I have never purchased any additional services or authorized anyone to do so. How did it happen? Help.
Thanks.
#64842 by southsound
Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:30 pm
I am going to guess that you recently purchased the iPhone ooma application. If so, that deposit was a gift from ooma to solve a problem with their billing/authorization system - it seems that even though with Premier you get 250 minutes a month, if you have a zero balance, the system will not give you those minutes. Rather than make a customer who has just purchased the app spend another $10 (the minumum you can add yourself) they just give you a dollar. Consider yourself blessed! There may not be a free lunch but there is a free dollar! :P
#64844 by mannino
Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:42 pm
Thanks for the reply. Problem is, I did not purchase anything. I do not own an iPhone. I hope I will not see any charges on my credit card for any purchases.
Thanks.
#64850 by southsound
Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:49 pm
#64851 by ntoy
Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:53 pm
Hello,

There is no charge for this $1.00 credit in your account. Previously, we had an issue where customers who purchased the Oomamobile app were unable to use it because they would here a message that there is no balance in their prepaid account.

The $1.00 credit for $0 prepaid account balance customers is our way to allow folks to be able to use Oomamobile.
#64854 by mannino
Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:27 pm
Thank you ntoy for the clarification. I understand that the $1.00 is not a charge, but may I also assume from the last reply that there will be no future charges?
#64855 by lbmofo
Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:30 pm
Yes, if you didn't sign up to any features like international bundle and such, there will not be any future charges. Unless you are on the hook for Regulatory Recovery Fee.

If you don't have enough balance in your prepaid account at a later point, you just wont' be able to make any calls (international from home, domestic & international from ooma app) unless you add funds to the prepaid account.
#64893 by mannino
Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:44 am
Thank you for the clarification. BTW, the Ooma telephone has been a blast so far. Simply perfect!