Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#63919 by Mrjohnc1
Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:54 pm
When I click on my phone no.'s I see..... **0 and next to my other no. I see.......**1.
What are these for?
#63920 by murphy
Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:10 pm
When you make a call if you precede the call with **1 it will force the sending of your second number as the caller ID.
Likewise if you are calling from the second number **0 will force the sending of the caller ID for the first number.
#63927 by southsound
Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:35 pm
Mrjohnc1 wrote:Thanks....I see. I don't really see why you would want to do that?

How about an example.

Ooma Telo with two numbers: 360 555-1234 is a home number and 360 555-2000 is the home business. You have both lines available and you choose to use distinctive ring so that 1234 rings normally and 2000 rings with two short rings. That way you can answer with the right greeting - "Hi, this is Dan" or "Good morning, Megabusiness Industries, Incorporated, how can we take your money?"

When you call out, you don't want your home number to be visible to those Megabusiness Industries customers - so you dial **1 and your outgoing caller ID shows up as the Megabusiness number.

Did I mention, welcome to ooma and to the forum!
#63930 by scg
Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:40 pm
Mrjohnc1 wrote:Thanks....I see. I don't really see why you would want to do that?

Here's another scenario. My friend has T-mobile and has one of my numbers as a "fave" on her account. If I use my other number to call, she gets charged minutes. Verizon has "Friends & Family" same concept.