Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#63637 by cylooma
Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:39 pm
Hello, I have premier. I just have my number ported over today. Inbound and outbound calls are working just fine on the ported number. But I am not able to change my ported number Anonymous Call Block settings. I checked the "Enable anonymous call block" check box. Clicked Save, but it will default back to unchecked. Currently the line is set to "Call Blocked Message". But no matter what I do to change to "Sent to Voice Mail", the "Enable anonymous call block" remains unchecked. Anonymous callers will always get the call blocked message, but not sent to voice mail. Needless to say, I can't disable "Anonymous Call Block" right now since none of settings stick. Same with "Block display of my caller-ID for outbound calls". No matter what I do to uncheck the check box, caller ID on my ported number is always set to blocked unless I dial *82.

Anonymous Call Block settings work fine on the 2nd line however. I can change between sent to voice mail and call blocked message just fine.

I already tried using different browsers, clearing cookies, temp files, cache, & history like this thread suggested viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8735 But still no luck. Any ideas?
#63673 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:42 am
LOL, how many time have we read or heard...

"...employees will NEVER ask you for your password..."

"...will NEVER send an email asking for your personal information..."

ntoy and other ooma mods are the only ones that I know of that you can overlook these rules.
#63677 by ntoy
Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:07 pm
Hello,

Unfortunately this is bug 9217 & fixed but not yet released into production. The workaround is calling into
support to manually disable/enable Anonymous Call Reject. I've already taken care of this for you.
#63679 by cylooma
Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:45 pm
Props to Norman from Ooma. He fixed this issue for me after a couple of PM exchange. Thanks again Norman.