Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#63274 by BJG7
Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:38 pm
I noticed late this past night my telo handset automatically updating its software. But now it is constantly searching for the telo itself and I cant use it to call out or in (I presume). :?: Whats going on??
#63280 by daet
Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:42 am
BJG7 wrote:I noticed late this past night my telo handset automatically updating its software. But now it is constantly searching for the telo itself and I cant use it to call out or in (I presume). :?: Whats going on??

Turn it off and back on again. If that doesn't work, re-register it to the base.
#63281 by murphy
Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:45 am
It lost it's registration.
Turn it off (Hold the red button until it goes off).
Press and hold the antenna key on the Telo until it starts to blink.
Press and release the red button on the handset.
Enter your pin when requested.
#63345 by BJG7
Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:40 pm
your solutions did not work. I tried re registering it and it connects... momentarily. It never asks for a pin though (I'm assuming it has it stored from when I first input it).

Last night I disconnected the battery from the Telo handset for a few minutes and reinstalled it which seemed to work, but now today its doing the same thing. searching.... Searching.... connecting... momentarily showing the date to be 01/01/16 then todays real date when it connects and then searching once again.

:?
#63351 by BJG7
Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:16 pm
Has anyone had battery issues with the handset? I notice that the handset is only about a 1/3 charge even after sitting on the charger for at least 10 or more hours.

I'm wondering if the handset is not able to connect to the Telo because of the low charge (though I wouldnt normally think 1/3 is that low)