Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#63116 by makkihm
Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:21 pm
Hi,
I have already one Ooma Telo installed at my overseas residence with a new US number.
I am planning to get a second Ooma for my US residence to replace my landline (planning to port my number).

Question 1: Do I need one web account for each device? Or I can control both from one web portal?

Question 2: If I get a new number for my US residence (or a temp one while waiting for porting), then later decide to
port my current landline number, wich number do I use to login to the web portal after the porting is complete
(the new number, or my current landline). It would be inconvenient if I need to remember
an old or temporary number that I no longer use rather than my current one.

Thanks a lot.
#63119 by southsound
Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:31 pm
makkihm wrote:Hi,
I have already one Ooma Telo installed at my overseas residence with a new US number.
I am planning to get a second Ooma for my US residence to replace my landline (planning to port my number).

Question 1: Do I need one web account for each device? Or I can control both from one web portal?
You will log into each device using the main number for that device. For a while I had both a hub and a Telo - I used the main number for each to log in.

Question 2: If I get a new number for my US residence (or a temp one while waiting for porting), then later decide to
port my current landline number, wich number do I use to login to the web portal after the porting is complete
(the new number, or my current landline). It would be inconvenient if I need to remember
an old or temporary number that I no longer use rather than my current one.
Before the number ports, you will use the (temporary) number assigned by ooma. After the number ports, the ported number becomes your main login for that device. The password stays the same. I agree, it makes it easier not to have to remember old numbers!

Thanks a lot.