Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#63785 by ntoy
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:56 am
Hello jclee,

You can contact our support folks & they can change you over to a temp number until number porting completes.

Once your number port completes over to Ooma, it would work normally. Your current provider would no longer own the number.

Southsound was too fast...
#63801 by sherrondee
Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:03 pm
It's been almost a month since I checked this forum but it seems my problem is solved. I called the person who had the problem and had them call me. It worked fine. Don't know what the solution is but I'll be watching.
#63827 by jclee
Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:45 pm
southsound wrote:I think the problem is in the configuration ooma recommended when you set up your system. When ntoy says landline, what he really means is your existing telephone provider - so your system expects calls to come in from Comcast to the ooma. Outgoing calls are made over VoIP. This "integrated landline" configuration can give more grief than it is worth, but since your phone is already set up that way, the solution is simple. What support meant about the WALL jack was to connect a modular phone cord from your Comcast box phone port to the WALL port on the Telo. That way, incoming calls to your existing number will ring on phones connected to the PHONE port on the Telo. After your number ports, you can just unplug the cable between the Comcast Phone port and the ooma WALL port. If you find you are having problems with the integrated landline, you can also choose to have ooma give you a temporary number until your old number ports. Then, just call forward all calls from your Comcast box to your new ooma number. Either way, it will work. Let us know.

Thank you very very much! You saved the day! Connecting Comcast phone port to the Telo's wall port solved my problem. Had a near scare after I got the phone working. The whole unit went dark. After searching the forum, I found out there's a light button on Telo. I guess I accidentally turned off all the lights. Thanks again!
#63830 by southsound
Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:49 pm
My pleasure! Now that things are working, don't be a stranger - your experience can help someone else. We're glad you're here!
#63862 by jclee
Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:04 am
ntoy wrote:Hello jclee,

You can contact our support folks & they can change you over to a temp number until number porting completes.

Once your number port completes over to Ooma, it would work normally. Your current provider would no longer own the number.

Southsound was too fast...

Thank you. I'll be waiting patiently for my number porting.
#63863 by jclee
Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:06 am
southsound wrote:My pleasure! Now that things are working, don't be a stranger - your experience can help someone else. We're glad you're here!

I'll definitely spend more time here. Still need to learn more and figure out why it's now working. Hopefully I can help out a few newbies along the way.