Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#61401 by sherrondee
Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:59 pm
I have had persons who called me say that when they called, my phone rang and rang with no answer or answering machine and I never heard it ring. I know I was home when they called, and they are not in my call log.
The first time I know this happened the call was from Oklahoma to California and the second one, yesterday, was a local call.
Please advise
#62661 by fazluke
Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:14 pm
Same here, since I switched to Telo and infrequent calls get missed. Five calls so far to CS and no solution. Finally they gave me a ticket and right now on hold for a level two for 20 minutes and waiting
#63413 by 4242984041
Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:31 pm
Was your issue ever resolved? I have the same problem where I called my ooma telo from my cell phone and the number rings for several minutes and my home phone doesn't ring at all. Very strange. wondering what's up. I emailed tech support a few minutes ago and I hope they can help solve this issue.
#63494 by rellena1
Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:18 am
yeah, me too. been going on for 3 days. in addition hub is not working (red lights - no cool blue lights). called tech support 2x's - they each put me through the sos - "unplug this, plug in that..." It's ALL working except ooma ... the setup's been the same since I installed it 6 weeks ago. Good thing I didn't fire ATT yesterday.
#63770 by jclee
Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:48 am
I'm having the same issue. I can call out, but my phone refuses to ring. My ooma is connected to Comcast cable modem and a router. My current phone service is also with Comcast. Called the tech support. She told me to plug the phone into the wall port instead of phone port. That didn't work, so she told me I need to buy a new phone. The phone was working fine before ooma was installed!
#63773 by murphy
Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:55 am
jclee wrote:I'm having the same issue. I can call out, but my phone refuses to ring. My ooma is connected to Comcast cable modem and a router. My current phone service is also with Comcast. Called the tech support. She told me to plug the phone into the wall port instead of phone port. That didn't work, so she told me I need to buy a new phone. The phone was working fine before ooma was installed!

Connecting the phone to the Phone port is correct.
Is the Envelope button on your Ooma red?
If it is, press and hold until it is not red.
#63774 by ntoy
Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:11 am
Hello jclee,

I see your account is configured as landline. It appears that your landline voicemail is picking up before Ooma gets a chance.
You may want to consider contacting our support dept to change you over to an Ooma number. And once you are satisfied, you may want to consider porting your number.
#63781 by jclee
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:40 am
Murphy & ntoy, Thanks for your quick responses.

I did try the envelope button both blue/red. That didn't help. I currently don't have a landline. I'm using VoIP service from Comcast. If my account is configured as landline, could that cause the problem? I heard 4 rings after voicemail picked up. I'll try to disable voicemail tonight and try again.

btw I've already sent in an order to port my current number. Now I'm worried. Will my phone ring after the number is ported?
#63783 by southsound
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:53 am
jclee wrote:Murphy & ntoy, Thanks for your quick responses.

I did try the envelope button both blue/red. That didn't help. I currently don't have a landline. I'm using VoIP service from Comcast. If my account is configured as landline, could that cause the problem? I heard 4 rings after voicemail picked up. I'll try to disable voicemail tonight and try again.

btw I've already sent in an order to port my current number. Now I'm worried. Will my phone ring after the number is ported?

I think the problem is in the configuration ooma recommended when you set up your system. When ntoy says landline, what he really means is your existing telephone provider - so your system expects calls to come in from Comcast to the ooma. Outgoing calls are made over VoIP. This "integrated landline" configuration can give more grief than it is worth, but since your phone is already set up that way, the solution is simple. What support meant about the WALL jack was to connect a modular phone cord from your Comcast box phone port to the WALL port on the Telo. That way, incoming calls to your existing number will ring on phones connected to the PHONE port on the Telo. After your number ports, you can just unplug the cable between the Comcast Phone port and the ooma WALL port. If you find you are having problems with the integrated landline, you can also choose to have ooma give you a temporary number until your old number ports. Then, just call forward all calls from your Comcast box to your new ooma number. Either way, it will work. Let us know.