Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#60421 by dhmorrow
Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:06 am
Most calls I get I don't care about. But an important one came in yesterday morning, but I didn't hear the phone ring (I guess). Later that day when I finally got in touch the the person who I thought had neglected contacting me, he said he did call and that he left a message. I went back to check and my phone (not an Ooma product) as well as the my.ooma.com call log show that he called. However, there is no voicemail from him, though he said he left one. I believe him, without a doubt.

I seem to get plenty of other voicemails. Has anyone else had this issue of missing some voicemails? Now I am curious if I am missing any others.

Thanks!
#60424 by murphy
Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:41 am
If the person leaving a voicemail terminates the call with an asterisk (*) instead of a pound (#) the voicemail is discarded and it asks for your voicemail pin since that is the procedure to play back your voice messages.
#60425 by dhmorrow
Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:43 am
OK. I will have to ask him when I can, though I think he would have mentioned had he been asked for my pin. Anyways, thanks for the thought.
#68076 by geiwaya
Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:27 am
Did you ever find the answer to this?
Just had the same thing happen...I actually heard them leaving a message...it was at night and half woke me but not enough to answer. In the morning, I confirmed with the person that they called and left a voice-mail...My ooma shows that they called...but there was no voice-mail.
I called my number that morning, left a voice-mail and all is well.
Very curious on where the voice-mail went.
#68080 by murphy
Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:18 am
If the person leaving the voicemail presses the asterisk (*) key the call will be immediately terminated and the voicemail will be deleted.
#68297 by geiwaya
Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:00 pm
If the person leaving the voicemail presses the asterisk (*) key the call will be immediately terminated and the voicemail will be deleted.

And if they didn't and simply hung up?...