Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Support.
We apologize for the inconvenience if you are encountering issues managing your Blacklist in my Ooma. May I know what type of browser are you using (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari)? We recommend you use Firefox.
Try to do these steps:
- Delete cookies, cache, temporary internet files, browsing history
- After deleting, close your browser and open a new one.
- Try to log-in again, then check if you can manage your Blacklist.
Are you trying to do it on the "Call Logs" page? Another way to add a number for the Blacklist is to go to "Preferences", select "Blacklists". You should be able to see "Add to Blacklist".
If it still doesn't go through, may we know the number so we can add it up for you from our end.
Briefly what I told them in my response to their question for me was:
I have already done the things you suggested. Yes, I am trying to do it from the Call Logs page. I also am using the latest version Firefox (sometimes Avant, but never IE). BTW, from Avant all I get is a small box which says nothing, but I can close it.
When I just tried it using Firefox from the Preferences, nothing happens. However, I do see the following in the status bar:
"Transferring data from ssl.Google-analytics.com"
In the meantime, in the top bar it shows HTTPS://my.ooma.com/blacklists. The blacklist never shows up.
The two numbers I want to add are:
(877) 867-4596 listed as 800 Service (no one was on the line) and
(813) 322-5027 listed as WIRELESS CALLER. This was a case of fraud which I picked up on immediately as they were telling me that was no problem with my credit card without identifying me, the credit card or themselves and then telling me to press 9 for more
Just wondering if this is what is happening to others? For me it just started yesterday. Up until then adding blacklisted numbers has not been a problem.
Customer Since: March 13, 2009
Ooma Hardware: Telo; Linx; Bluetooth Adapter
Service: Lifetime Premier since April 2009
For months now I have meant to add to the blacklist - especially with all the political calls now days. Now that I finally get around to it, it doesn't work. LOL!
Oh well. Please get it working soon.
ADD: FYI, I am not able to add from either the call log or the preferences > blacklist location.