Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#3941 by californian
Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:46 pm
The city I live in (SLC, UT, USA) just went to 10 digit dialing for all local call. My Ooma stopped working as a result. No matter how I try to dial a local call (ie... 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, or xxx-xxx-xxxx, or xxx-xxxx) nothing works. I've tried checking and un-checking the checkbox in my prefances pane. Still no go. Any help would be appreciated.
#3966 by t4feb
Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:01 am
Your best bet at this time would be get a hold of support and explain your problem and have them check it out.
#3991 by Dennis P
Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:48 pm
californian wrote:The city I live in (SLC, UT, USA) just went to 10 digit dialing for all local call. My Ooma stopped working as a result. No matter how I try to dial a local call (ie... 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, or xxx-xxx-xxxx, or xxx-xxxx) nothing works. I've tried checking and un-checking the checkbox in my prefances pane. Still no go. Any help would be appreciated.

We'll take a look at this. Hold tight.
#4005 by Dennis P
Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:36 pm
You should be fixed now. Can you test and make sure?
#4101 by oomg
Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:41 am
Dennis P wrote:
californian wrote:The city I live in (SLC, UT, USA) just went to 10 digit dialing for all local call. My Ooma stopped working as a result. No matter how I try to dial a local call (ie... 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, or xxx-xxx-xxxx, or xxx-xxxx) nothing works. I've tried checking and un-checking the checkbox in my prefances pane. Still no go. Any help would be appreciated.

We'll take a look at this. Hold tight.

Dennis:

I'm not sure is there will be a similar problen here in the 818 area code as we will be going to mandatory ten digit dialing as of April 18, 2009. If so, maybe the problem can be averted.

Here are the details of the 818/747 area code overlay:

The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has announced an overlay with new area code 747; that is, as is the case with the old 310 and new 424 area codes, both area codes will exist in a single geographic area, with most new telephone numbers assigned receiving the new 747 area code.

Because an 818 and a 747 telephone number may therefore be in the same house or office building, ten-digit dialing (dialing the area code plus the number) will become mandatory in the 818 area code, effective April 18, 2009. The advantage of an overlay rather than a split is that any person or business with an 818 number will be able to keep that number, and no decision has to be made as to what geographic are retains the 818 area code and what area must adapt the new area code. Public hearings showed the public favored the overlay solution.

The 818/747 area code is assigned generally to the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles County. Cities in area code 818 include Agoura, Agoura Hills, Arleta, Calabasas, Canoga Park, Chatsworth, Encino, Glendale, Granada Hills, Hidden Hills, La Cañada Flintridge, Lake View Terrace, Mission Hills, North Hills, North Hollywood, Northridge, Pacoima, Panorama City, Reseda, San Fernando, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Sunland, Sun Valley, Sylmar, Tarzana, Toluca Lake, Topanga, Tujunga, Universal City, Valley Village, Van Nuys, West Hills, Westlake Village, Winnetka, Woodland Hills, and of course "Media Capital of the World" Burbank.

oomg
#4223 by Dennis P
Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:20 pm
Thanks for the heads up oomg. I've confirmed that we're prepped for the 818 overlay. We're normally on top of these things, but Utah slipped through the cracks. Our bad. :(