Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#60027 by Magnus
Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:45 pm
I haven't any outgoing calls logged since July 7. I've made several calls (all were answered) over the past few days and none show. I tried the export function, and got the same result.

I call block all outbound calls... would that be the reason they don't show in My Ooma?
#60529 by buckaroo987
Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:12 pm
I have the same issue.
Called OOMA support and dealt with the dreaded CSR. They gave me some BS about being able to see the call logs for my account. So not to be outdone - I asked them to read back the calls that were made that morning. They could not :o . I asked to speak with a SUP and then Engineering.

Engineering (at least the guy stated he was from that group - not sure what to believe anymore) did confirm that there is a bug in their code such that if you block your outbound caller-id, outbound calls are not shown in the web interface. So I asked - are they being logged in the database? He was not sure. To make a long story short - they do not even have the capability of obtaining the CDR from the database for a given source MDN (number) and a given date - which is a simple SQL query.

So if you want the call logs - and your caller id is blocked/restricted, then unblock the same and you will hopefully see the outbound calls being logged (I have yet to try this).
#60533 by Magnus
Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:32 pm
I suspected this as my log stopped logging outgoing calls about the time I added call block. This means I cannot know where outbound calls are placed by others using my phone, apart from the phone's redial memory.
#60535 by Bobby B
Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:55 pm
This is probably bug: 8808: Telo: 'anonymous' is being set as the localNumber in the call record

It's been fixed and will be deployed in one of the upcoming Telo software updates (not sure about timing yet).
#60573 by southsound
Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:55 am
Magnus wrote:That would be great! Thanks!

Newbie question here... are software updates auto-downloaded and installed?

Yes. When ooma is confident that an update does not introduce significant problems and fixes the most obvious ones, they push it out to a group of beta testers. It then may go to a group of pilot users. If all goes well, it is then rolled out to everyone else. It usually takes a couple of days for the rollout to complete. All of this should be seamless - but if you have your ooma box in a visible place, you might see it go offline and then reboot while the update is happening. Kind of like watching for the Northern Lights on a small scale. :P
#60585 by murphy
Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:23 am
If you do see the unit go offline and the lights start flashing, stifle the impulse to go to it and power cycle it to get it back on line. If you remove it's power at just the wrong time you can turn it into the equivalent of a brick.
#60612 by buckaroo987
Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:13 pm
Bobby B wrote:This is probably bug: 8808: Telo: 'anonymous' is being set as the localNumber in the call record

It's been fixed and will be deployed in one of the upcoming Telo software updates (not sure about timing yet).

About that - it states 'anonymous' is being set as the localNumber in the call record/call detail record (CDR). This does mean that it IS being logged in a database of some kind? If so - is there no one who could give me the CDR records for a specific day/date for all 'anonymous' local calls - if I called in CSR and opened a ticket for this request?