Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#59770 by highq
Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:57 am
How long should one expect to wait before a change in a number's incoming Ring Pattern becomes effective?
#59773 by ntoy
Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:10 am
Hello,

It should take 10-15 minutes, but may require more time depending on how much traffic is on the network.

Also, I noticed that there was a hyphen in your name. I removed this & replaced it with a space. Our system
is unable to handle these special characters.
#59778 by highq
Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:57 am
Well, the hyphen in my name hadn't caused me any trouble heretofor, or were there things going on that I would not have been aware of?

And also, does your action explain the email I just got saying that there had been a
" Service Address Change - The Address Where You Have Your Ooma System Installed
And Where You Physically Make & Get Phone Calls"? That kind of threw me, and caused me to call Customer Support, where some nice person has me on hold, as I write, checking into why I got a message about a change that I did not make to my 911 address?
#59779 by ntoy
Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 pm
Yes, my change to the account caused an email trigger to occur. The email alert is a general
template & not necessarily pertain to service address changes for e911. Our database frowns on
special characters, it would be best to not include special characters at this time.
#59835 by nn5i
Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:18 am
I would conjecture that the change in ring pattern may require a power-cycle of the Ooma device to become effective. Have you tried unplugging its power cord, then plugging it back in?