Time to change to a ring pattern

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
highq

Time to change to a ring pattern

Post by highq » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:57 am

How long should one expect to wait before a change in a number's incoming Ring Pattern becomes effective?

ntoy

Re: Time to change to a ring pattern

Post by ntoy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:10 am

Hello,

It should take 10-15 minutes, but may require more time depending on how much traffic is on the network.

Also, I noticed that there was a hyphen in your name. I removed this & replaced it with a space. Our system
is unable to handle these special characters.

highq

Post by highq » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:57 am

Well, the hyphen in my name hadn't caused me any trouble heretofor, or were there things going on that I would not have been aware of?

And also, does your action explain the email I just got saying that there had been a
" Service Address Change - The Address Where You Have Your Ooma System Installed
And Where You Physically Make & Get Phone Calls"? That kind of threw me, and caused me to call Customer Support, where some nice person has me on hold, as I write, checking into why I got a message about a change that I did not make to my 911 address?

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Yes, my change to the account caused an email trigger to occur. The email alert is a general
template & not necessarily pertain to service address changes for e911. Our database frowns on
special characters, it would be best to not include special characters at this time.

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:18 am

I would conjecture that the change in ring pattern may require a power-cycle of the Ooma device to become effective. Have you tried unplugging its power cord, then plugging it back in?