Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#59293 by jrwill
Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:21 pm
I am hoping that someone can help me.

My new OOMA TELO works fine on the 'phone' jack, but I cannot get the 'wall' jack to work (both are on the back of the OOMA TELO).

I have my regular phone network (works fine), and I have a phone connected directly to the OOMA TELO, and it works fine. I ran a 4 wire phone cable to a few destinations in my hours (separate run - independent of my powered phone run), and connected it to the 'wall jack' on the OOMA and I get nothing. I also connected a regular phone to this 'wall jack' on the OOMA - and it does not seem to work.

Is there a setting that is supposed to enable this wall jack function? Or is my OOMA TELO box defective?
#59294 by Groundhound
Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:26 pm
The wall port on the Telo has no function except for landline integration. If you want to distribute dial tone throughout your home you do so from the phone port, using a splitter if necessary. There are other considerations for dial tone distribution depending on how your house is wired, but the Telo's wall port does not play a roll.
#59295 by jrwill
Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:36 pm
OK - so the documentation in the box is incorrect. This makes sense. I broke out my line tester, and the 'phone' jack is fine, but the 'wall' jack is dead.

I will do the splitter solution.

Thanks.
#59296 by dsinternet
Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:44 pm
The wall jack on the Telo is an "input" not an "output". You plug your landline into the "wall" jack if you want to use your landline with your Telo.
Plug your non land line wiring into the "phone jack" on your Telo and you should get Ooma to the places you just wired up with the 4 wire lines.