Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#59213 by irnaggie
Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:59 pm
I've looked through the boards and found references to this problem, but so far not an absolute solution. Any help would be appreciated...

Here is what I have:

Telo Base : uses first number - my "1613" number.
Telo Handset : assigned as Handset_1 - my "3903" number.

I want the "1613" number to ring to the house via attached Panasonic DECT 6.0 phones. Works perfectly.
I want the "3903" number to ring only the Telo Handset with a distinctive ring. Works perfectly.

Next, I want calls to the "3903" number to multi-ring both the Telo Handset and my cell phone using call forwarding. I log into the "3903" account via my.ooma and set it up. I test it and it works perfectly. Then a call comes in on the "1613" number, and my cell phone rings simultaneously. Huh????

So I log onto the "1613" my.ooma and see that Call Forwarding has been turned on, duplicating what I entered for the "3903" number. So I turn it off on the "1613" and save. I call the "1613" number and it works, but when i test the "3903", no call forwarding.

I log onto the "3903", and call forwarding is now turned off.

Bottom line: if i change one, it changes both.

I read one thread that said "reset the Telo base after changing call forwarding via my.ooma". I tried that but it made no difference.

I know i must be doing something wrong and would love some guidance!

Thanks.

Scott
#59394 by ntoy
Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 am
Hello Scott,

Currently, call forward(MultiRing) is disabled for both numbers on your account.
Did you receive any error messages from your browser? What browser & version were you using.
And you are trying to set both number to MultiRing to your cell?
#59404 by irnaggie
Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:10 am
ntoy - thanks for the response.

i'm using firefox and received no errors or popups.

my goal is to have one number with no call forward, the second number multi-ringing to my cell phone.
#59409 by ntoy
Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:12 pm
Hello,

If it's ok with you, you can send me a pm with the login credentials as well as which number you want & I can see
if I am able to setup call forward to your cell.

Thx