Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#58729 by Jerald
Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:04 am
My update order took about 4 to 5 days. Tracking was sent to me via e-mail, shipped UPS.
#58730 by azism
Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:15 am
Just wondering, if I would go for the Telo unit, how would that affect the Scout unit that I am using? And can I continue to use the current telephones (AT&T) that I am using? I have four remote handsets currently plus two for the 2nd number.

:?
#58731 by murphy
Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:20 am
azism wrote:Just wondering, if I would go for the Telo unit, how would that affect the Scout unit that I am using? And can I continue to use the current telephones (AT&T) that I am using? I have four remote handsets currently plus two for the 2nd number.

:?

The scout is not compatible with the Telo. You need Telo handsets to achieve the same functionality.
#58734 by azism
Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:10 am
The scout is not compatible with the Telo. You need Telo handsets to achieve the same functionality.

Well, I guess I'll stay with what I have. With the setup I have, Main unit at the computer and the Scout at the kitchen phone (located on the wall), I just don't see how a Telo will work. The kitchen phone is the base AT&T unit for my remote AT&T handsets.

And at the price for the Telo handsets, no, I don't think so.

:cry:
#58737 by toddbecker
Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:04 pm
Wouldn't "azism" be able to connect the Telo to the wall in his home, and then connect the AT&T base in the kitchen, using the standard wall jack. The Telo handset could then be configured to be line 2 or both?
#58773 by bw1
Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 pm
toddbecker wrote:Wouldn't "azism" be able to connect the Telo to the wall in his home, and then connect the AT&T base in the kitchen, using the standard wall jack. The Telo handset could then be configured to be line 2 or both?

It sounds like he's using two different sets of AT&T cordless phones - one connected to the hub and the second connected to the scout for access to two lines (the instant second line Premier functionality). He wouldn't be able to do that currently with the Telo.

But, yes, you could use one set of 3rd party cordless phones along with one or more Telo handsets to have access to the instant second line. That's what I do now and it works well.
#59005 by toddbecker
Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:54 am
Jerald wrote:My update order took about 4 to 5 days. Tracking was sent to me via e-mail, shipped UPS.

How quickly was the tracking info sent? I ordered last Friday, there was no order confirmation e-mail, nor a shipping e-mail. I did confirm w/ customer support on Monday that the order was received, the charge for the upgrade hit my card on Saturday.
#59011 by Jerald
Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:39 am
toddbecker wrote:
Jerald wrote:My update order took about 4 to 5 days. Tracking was sent to me via e-mail, shipped UPS.

How quickly was the tracking info sent? I ordered last Friday, there was no order confirmation e-mail, nor a shipping e-mail. I did confirm w/ customer support on Monday that the order was received, the charge for the upgrade hit my card on Saturday.

Tracking was e-mailed the second day. You may want to call CS and ask them to send you a tracking number. I did call them to affirm tracking status.
#59038 by toddbecker
Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:54 pm
Jerald wrote:
toddbecker wrote:

Tracking was e-mailed the second day. You may want to call CS and ask them to send you a tracking number. I did call them to affirm tracking status.

We'll see, CS said they haven't received a tracking number from the shipper, yet assured me that it would arrive this week.