Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#58619 by sherrondee
Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:17 pm
Never considered this might be a problem until I actually started using ooma telo with my ported number. When the phone rings and someone answers on the ooma handset, I pick up a standard phone plugged into the telo, I have to press 1 to be connected to the phone call. without pressing 1 on the telo I get the second line. Question 1: Is there anyway to pick up on the same line without pressing the 1 on the telo?
Also, I answered on the standard phone plugged into the telo when the phone rang. It was for someone else downstairs, they answered on the telo handset and we were unable to get to the phone call. Question 2: How to pick up the telo handset to use on the same line as the incoming call upstairs? I hope I am being clear. thank you
#58620 by Groundhound
Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:30 pm
sherrondee wrote:Never considered this might be a problem until I actually started using ooma telo with my ported number. When the phone rings and someone answers on the ooma handset, I pick up a standard phone plugged into the telo, I have to press 1 to be connected to the phone call. without pressing 1 on the telo I get the second line. Question 1: Is there anyway to pick up on the same line without pressing the 1 on the telo? After you pick up the standard phone and get the second line dialtone, hit flash and you should be joined to the call in progress.
Also, I answered on the standard phone plugged into the telo when the phone rang. It was for someone else downstairs, they answered on the telo handset and we were unable to get to the phone call. Question 2: How to pick up the telo handset to use on the same line as the incoming call upstairs? I hope I am being clear. thank you On the Telo Handset, press Menu > Show lines, and then press the softkey under the line number you wish to join.