Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#58522 by fredpb
Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:08 pm
A ticket was created almost three weeks ago requesting that my outgoing callerid shows my name, as well as number.
People I call usually do not pick up a phone call that lists "out of area". My 30 day return period (local purchase), is almost up, and I will return the Core system if this is not addressed in time.

How long does it take to do this??? Support said 7-9 days, it has been over double that.
#58533 by southsound
Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:45 pm
I had my hub/scout core system for over a year with my number and "Unavailable" being displayed for CID. When I got my Telo, it was less than a week and my name displayed properly. I transfered my hub accout to my Telo a few months ago and my main hub number still reads "unavailable". I guess you might say YMMV.

You know, it really doesn't cost that much to change your name - you could change your name to "Unavaible" for about $50 (here in Washington - other states may charge more or less) and be done with the whome thing. I've considered it - but them my Telo presents my name properly. So many choices. :P
#58543 by murphy
Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:36 am
Ooma does not transmit your name when you place a phone call, no phone company does. The receiving phone company looks it up in the database that they use. There are about 20 databases in the US if my memory is right. Ooma can publish the name that goes with your number but there is no way they can force the database operators to update their database in a timely manner.
Most modern phones that can display caller ID info have an internal phone directory. If the phone number that is calling them is in the internal directory, the phone displays that information instead of what comes in with the caller ID. Have the people that won't answer your call put your name and number in their phone's contact list.
#58545 by Morpheus
Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:54 am
fredpb wrote:A ticket was created almost three weeks ago requesting that my outgoing callerid shows my name, as well as number.
People I call usually do not pick up a phone call that lists "out of area". My 30 day return period (local purchase), is almost up, and I will return the Core system if this is not addressed in time.

How long does it take to do this??? Support said 7-9 days, it has been over double that.


How do you know this, and can you be specific on what devices this is happening on?

My service center for my car pops my name up on their system when I call in becuse it's in a database that is tied to their clients account.

My Cell will display a incoming callers name if it's in my address book. This is also possible on home phone systems where Caller ID is available.

If Ooma is doing this, then I'm guessing that you are requesting an option to just turn off the outgoing name from the Telo?
#58546 by hpepper
Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:43 am
Morpheus wrote:
fredpb wrote:A ticket was created almost three weeks ago requesting that my outgoing callerid shows my name, as well as number.
People I call usually do not pick up a phone call that lists "out of area". My 30 day return period (local purchase), is almost up, and I will return the Core system if this is not addressed in time.

How long does it take to do this??? Support said 7-9 days, it has been over double that.


How do you know this, and can you be specific on what devices this is happening on?

My service center for my car pops my name up on their system when I call in becuse it's in a database that is tied to their clients account.

My Cell will display a incoming callers name if it's in my address book. This is also possible on home phone systems where Caller ID is available.

If Ooma is doing this, then I'm guessing that you are requesting an option to just turn off the outgoing name from the Telo?


I think fredpb wants his name to be in the database, not taken out. Yes, Ooma has no control when all carriers update the database, but Ooma has to do their part and submit the name to the database. Once Ooma does this, I believe it takes roughly a week.

southsound wrote:You know, it really doesn't cost that much to change your name - you could change your name to "Unavaible" for about $50 (here in Washington - other states may charge more or less) and be done with the whome thing. I've considered it - but them my Telo presents my name properly. So many choices. :P


... so now we have to start calling you Mr. Unavailable, Southsound? Maybe you could change your name to Unavailablesound? :cool:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests