Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#58272 by dioxide45
Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:51 am
I signed up for Ooma Premier today going through the Add Ins link and selecting Ooma Premier + Free Port from the list of available options. After going through the process, there was no place for me to enter the information for the number I want to port. After looking around, I saw the port option and it has fields to provide the phone number and carrier information and then add it to the cart. When going through the Premier link it doesn't seem to ask for this information. How do I get my porting information to Ooma so they can perform the port process?
#58287 by Groundhound
Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:19 pm
dioxide45 wrote:I signed up for Ooma Premier today going through the Add Ins link and selecting Ooma Premier + Free Port from the list of available options. After going through the process, there was no place for me to enter the information for the number I want to port. After looking around, I saw the port option and it has fields to provide the phone number and carrier information and then add it to the cart. When going through the Premier link it doesn't seem to ask for this information. How do I get my porting information to Ooma so they can perform the port process?

It's been awhile since I did my port, but I think the "port option" you saw is the correct way. You would not be automatically asked for this info as a result of signing up for Premier, because not everyone who signs up for Premier is interested in porting their number. So following the Premier sign up I would just start the port separately and there should be no additional cost for it. If the port initiation does by error request an additional payment, I would call customer service to get them to fix it.
#58296 by dioxide45
Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:53 pm
Well after calling CS, I now feel silly as I now see this on the Number Port page. There are two little ** beside the $39 number port option.

"**You will not be charged for a number port if you've already purchased an annual subscription to Ooma Premier."

Customer service didn't point it out, I found it on my own after I hung up.
#58402 by sherrondee
Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:45 pm
I opted for the free handset when I signed up for the premier service. On the porting page of my ooma they only showed free porting but by calling CS I asked for and recieved the more expensive handset and paid for the porting