Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#58170 by bilbro
Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:31 pm
I have a default Ooma number as well as a secondary number. When I call out it is the secondary number that shows up on caller ID. Is there a way I can configure the system to show my primary/default number instead?
#58172 by Groundhound
Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:55 pm
bilbro wrote:I have a default Ooma number as well as a secondary number. When I call out it is the secondary number that shows up on caller ID. Is there a way I can configure the system to show my primary/default number instead?

This should only occur if you are calling out from an Ooma "Personal Device" like a Telo Handset set up that way with the second number assigned to it. Calls from that handset will show the second number CID. To force the CID to show the primary shared number, precede the dialed number with **0. If calling from a shared device or phone and you wish the second number to be shown on outbound CID, precede the dialed number with **1.
#58209 by bilbro
Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:28 am
I just discovered this only occurs when the call is to my Google Voice number that has been registered to Ooma device (secondary number). So only when the call is from my Ooma phone that is associated with this GV number and it is placed to GV which is forwarded to my cell phone. Not, as I surmised, when calls are placed to any other number.