Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#3708 by sgrunspan
Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:34 pm
I started as a monthly premiere but decided to buy an annual subscription and port my land line. The port went great but I remained on a monthly and was charged $39.99 for the port. After two phone calls to support I finally got the billing straightened out, but now my original ooma number is gone and I only have the ported number? has this happened to anyone else? I desperately need that number back as I have notified EVERYONE with my new number and it would be a real PIA to have to do that again.
#3709 by WayneDsr
Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 pm
I would email support directly and call them as soon as you can!

Wayne
#3718 by dmlanger
Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:58 pm
This happened to me, i emailed the LOA contact person who was overseeing the port and she added it back within the hour.
#3791 by sgrunspan
Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:09 pm
dmlanger wrote:This happened to me, i emailed the LOA contact person who was overseeing the port and she added it back within the hour.

I remember getting a voicemail from my LOA contact telling me the port went through. I don't remember if she gave me her contact info but I deleted the message. Any idea where I could look that up?
#3793 by sgrunspan
Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:11 pm
WayneDsr wrote:I would email support directly and call them as soon as you can!

Wayne

I did email them as soon as I realized it (two days later). I also called but after about 30 minutes had to get off. Sometimes I call support and I get through in 2 minutes, other times I hang up after 30 minutes.
Still, it is immeasurably better than verizon.
#3795 by dmlanger
Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:21 pm
Ive sent them several emails in the past complaining of their support and how i was having problems with the port/setting up and requested that they call me immediately and surprisingly enough i actually got a phone call back from one of the people high up in rank within about 6-7 minutes.