Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#57599 by ggilman
Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:36 pm
I like the looks of the new dashboard but along with it came "Feature Setup" and "Setup completion percentage". Seems fine at first, but I feel incomplete since it's not at 100%. I've done everything in the process except "Add funds to your prepaid calling account", which I skip since I've never made an international call in my life and don't see any reason to start. Skipping this phase of the process leaves me at 80% completion. Shouldn't knowingly skipping on adding funds to my account count towards me completing that goal?

I know it's being picky, but I feel so incomplete now.
#57665 by Bobby B
Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:34 pm
Hmm yea probably - let me see if we can change that behavior.
#57854 by jomo
Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:53 pm
In my feature setup it states that i have not selected a second number when in fact i have.The number works fine but i cannot separate it from primary voicemail.Also CID from second number shows up as primary number when calling out.The ooma handset and second number are tied together ok and are set up as it's own separate device.{handset 1}.
#58004 by huggybear
Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:20 pm
If I remember correctly when I did the Feature completion it also told me it would cover the cost of
411 calls, not just international calls so I added some money to my prepaid account.
#71059 by TraderJim
Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:24 pm
I can't get feature setup to complete either. In my case it keeps wanting me to complete the call forwarding info for what number to forward to for a network outage. I keep putting in my cell number for that and selecting AT&T which is my carrier, and clicking Save, and it says the save completed successfully, but it still shows feature setup at 80% completion. Every time I log into myooma.com it brings up the annoying dialog saying I haven't completed feature setup yet. So I go through it all again and still it doesn't stick.

Very buggy.
#72979 by 2spirit
Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:09 am
I just discovered a behavior in the Dashboard "Feature Setup" section that may cause some unwanted calls getting through. I have never used the Dashboard to determine my Privacy Settings . . . I have done this in "Preferences". For example, in Preferences I had checked "Enable Personal Blacklist" to activate that service. Today, when viewing the Dashboard, I noticed that my "Feature Setup" slider was at 60% . . . "Enable Privacy Enhancements" was unchecked. When selecting that, I saw that my Privacy Settings were at "Medium" (which is the default setting). This setting includes "Enable Personal Blacklist". I clicked on Submit. This brought my "Feature Setup" completion to 80%, but when I checked my settings in "Preferences" I found that "Enable Personal Blacklist" was now unchecked! This could presumably be the cause of some complaining that blacklisted numbers were able to ring through. I'm sure it is intended to be the easy, quick way to set one's privacy preferences . . . however, for those who have already chosen their settings in "Preferences", be careful to recheck those settings after using the "Feature Setup" on the Dashboard.
#73334 by bonflizubi
Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:12 pm
2spirit wrote:I just discovered a behavior in the Dashboard "Feature Setup" section that may cause some unwanted calls getting through. I have never used the Dashboard to determine my Privacy Settings . . . I have done this in "Preferences". For example, in Preferences I had checked "Enable Personal Blacklist" to activate that service. Today, when viewing the Dashboard, I noticed that my "Feature Setup" slider was at 60% . . . "Enable Privacy Enhancements" was unchecked. When selecting that, I saw that my Privacy Settings were at "Medium" (which is the default setting). This setting includes "Enable Personal Blacklist". I clicked on Submit. This brought my "Feature Setup" completion to 80%, but when I checked my settings in "Preferences" I found that "Enable Personal Blacklist" was now unchecked! This could presumably be the cause of some complaining that blacklisted numbers were able to ring through. I'm sure it is intended to be the easy, quick way to set one's privacy preferences . . . however, for those who have already chosen their settings in "Preferences", be careful to recheck those settings after using the "Feature Setup" on the Dashboard.

posted simlar thing in another thread but it belongs here.

The privacy slider is only avail in the wizard. So even though I had turned off blacklists entirely in the privacy tab, i discovered the completion wizard showing me at some medium level rather than OFF - which i think was causing me trouble.

Don't have one thing in the setup completion wizard and another in the settings. Common sense?
#73360 by EricJRW
Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:45 am
That dashboard completion thing, the wizard and the slider all bug me. I get the point, but some stuff I just don't want to set (like notifications - I don't want an e-mail OR an SMS, which I get charged for). Why is there not a 3rd button that says neither? Unless I make a choice that I don't want, I won't be at 100%.
#75312 by marengo
Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:02 pm
I have had the 80% completion status since I moved my one Telo handset to the second number for Premier. The setup wants me to setup another phone number for Premier?!
#75314 by EA PA
Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:10 pm
I was at 80% for quite awhile. I never nailed down the culprit. I just kept running through it until it stuck. Now its been 100% for weeks. Win :D