Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#57296 by kelkin
Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:49 am
I paired my iPhone to the Ooma so I can answer cellphone calls on my Telo handsets as well as my regular cordless handsets. I have two different problems which make the adapter unusable so far:

1. When speaking to someone who calls my cell via my cordless phone, there is a constant clicking which makes the call unbearable to listen to.

2. Someone called me on the iphone and I kept getting disconnected from them, so I called them back from my cell (still paired to the ooma) and it kept disconnecting me from the call. What I noticed is that instead of the iphone speaker, the call kept changing to the "OOMA Telo..." audio source and then I could no longer hear the person, they could no longer hear me. This happened 3 times in a row, so I unpaired my phone from the Telo and the problem went away. Looks like there are a few bugs with this bluetooth feature.

-Keith
#57297 by lbmofo
Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:16 am
If you want to use your cell phone, directly, within the coverage area of the bluetooth adapter connected to the Telo, I'd turn off bluetooth on the cellphone. This is just like having a paired headset within range and wanting to use cellphone holding up to ear; need to turn off the headset or turn off bluetooth on cellphone.
#57323 by kelkin
Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:08 pm
I have 3 other Bluetooth devices paired to my iphone and I never have to disable Bluetooth on the phone if I don't want to use them when they're on and in range, I shouldn't have to do this with the telo either. There is no reason for it to be hijacking my call.
-Keith
#57831 by kelkin
Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:54 am
lbmofo wrote:All the Bluetooth headsets I have takes over when turned on and in range so yours must be special or there is some setting that I don't know about.

But with Telo, you might check the Mobile phone Bluetooth transfer section of this:
https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeba ... etup-guide

My cell displays all of the bluetooth headsets paired to it and allows me to choose which one I want to use, only if I press the 'hook' button on the bluetooth will it switch to a different headset.
-Keith