Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#57085 by VicMatson
Mon May 31, 2010 5:31 pm
After installing my new Ooma Telo base I went through a setup wizard. I enabled community blacklist, does that mean my blacklist will be ignored. And can I still add to my personal blacklist numbers. Hopefully that check box design is just a poor one, I can't think of anyone that would use the community setting without the personal one.
#57086 by dsinternet
Mon May 31, 2010 5:41 pm
You can still use your personal black list. Community and personal black lists are independant of each other.
#57718 by dsinternet
Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:39 pm
I have a new question. Is there a way to send differnet numbers on my personal blacklist to different places.
That is.
xxx-xxx1 goes to my voice mail
xxx-xxx2 gets blocked (Busy signal).
#57731 by VicMatson
Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:57 am
dsinternet wrote:I have a new question. Is there a way to send differnet numbers on my personal blacklist to different places.
That is.
xxx-xxx1 goes to my voice mail
xxx-xxx2 gets blocked (Busy signal).

Nope, it's all or nothing. But I wish It did have those choices in the box that you fill in when blacklisting them.
#60882 by azism
Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:25 am
I am wondering how numbers get into the Community Blacklist? I know I have added a number of telephone numbers to my personal blacklist, do those eventually end up in the Community Blacklist?
#60883 by murphy
Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:30 am
azism wrote:I am wondering how numbers get into the Community Blacklist? I know I have added a number of telephone numbers to my personal blacklist, do those eventually end up in the Community Blacklist?

Only if some unknown number (to us) of other users also have the same number in their personal black list.
#60915 by azism
Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:09 pm
Thanks for the info. It is appreciated. ;)
#60977 by jacque
Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:51 pm
Is there a way to request numbers for community blacklisting? I am getting repeated calls -- sometimes twice a day -- from a company called CTI. it's been going on for months. Before I switched to Ooma I reported them to Qwest's harrassment team (with no results.)I have started to collect their phone numbers and I have a couple dozen so far. They are a scamming company who does not honor the Do Not Call list and also ignores requests to stop calling when you talk to them. You can look them up on the web, they're a well known harrassment.

I'd love to add my two dozen phone numbers to the community blacklist. Or even better, I wish Ooma would detect the CTI caller ID by name (it's always there) and just block their calls. I'm pretty sure the paltry list I've got doesn't begin to cover all the numbers they use.

Is this possible?
#60978 by VicMatson
Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:59 pm
I don't think you're going to have any luck, those lists are based on math, not one used making choices for everybody. But, if you are registered with the dnc list why not file a complaint with them? May even make some cash!