Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#58226 by bw1
Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:57 am
denny wrote:Assuming it IS the firmware version, can someone please tell me how to reset to the firmware version that came with the ooma hub? Isn't there a bootstrap function or hard reset function I can do to accomplish this?

Thanks!
-Denny

You can't reset the firmware version. Did you try a factory reset of the Hub? You can do that by pressing down on the blue tab while plugging the Hub in.

How are you connecting the Hub? You could try connecting directly to your modem with no other PC's or routers and see if that makes a difference.
#58265 by denny
Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:01 am
Well, now the hub is working again after months of not working right. How did it start working? I searched for how to perform a "factory reset" on this forum, did it, and, although it has only been a few days, the hub has been working well since then. Thanks for all who posted replies.

-Denny
#58266 by denny
Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:20 am
bw1 wrote:
You can't reset the firmware version. Did you try a factory reset of the Hub? You can do that by pressing down on the blue tab while plugging the Hub in.

Sorry, I didn't see your post before I tried it, but that's what I did. In other places on this forum, I found some were holding the tab down for 45 seconds; others for a minute. I unplugged the unit for about a minute, and I wasn't sure how long to hold the tab down as power was reapplied, but I wanted to give it a fair try so to make sure it was long enough, I held it down for a minute and a half. It appears to have done the trick!

Thanks!