Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#56720 by diddlydoo
Wed May 26, 2010 1:24 pm
I think it's funny because whenever I mention Ooma to anyone, they ask me to repeat what I just said because they've never heard of Ooma.

I went to Lowes the other day and was buying an adapter for it, and I was talking to the younger hip sales guy and he didn't know what the heck Ooma was.

The only reason why I'm familiar with it is because I frequent slick deals and message boards like that where it's mentioned a lot as being on sale.

Why isn't this item advertised more? If we want it to stay in business, I think Ooma needs to be more of a household word/item that people recognize. I know there are a lot of people that would love to cut down their bills but they don't realize something like this item is out there. Personally, I wished I had heard of it years ago.

I remember the cute little ads that Vonage had on TV initially. Maybe Ooma needs to start looking at more ads on TV....a catchy tune/catch phrase perhaps.

...just my observation.
#56733 by JTalbert
Wed May 26, 2010 3:46 pm
diddlydoo wrote:Why isn't this item advertised more? If we want it to stay in business, I think Ooma needs to be more of a household word/item that people recognize. I know there are a lot of people that would love to cut down their bills but they don't realize something like this item is out there. Personally, I wished I had heard of it years ago

I was visiting a few websites the other day, for the life of me I cant recall which ones, but I saw a ad on a few sites, offering the Hub for $99. I would have rather seen the ad for the Telo, since its the current product, but I think they probably have a warehouse full of the Hubs that they want to try to move quickly.

With Ooma being a small company, they dont have the advertising dollars. What I am disappointed in, they started to use FaceBook and Twitter to spread the word, having contests and such, and they have pretty much stopped with most interactions on either.

update
One website I have seen the ads, are a sports website, profootballtalk.com

Saw the ad this morning. So Ooma, keep spreading the word!
Last edited by JTalbert on Thu May 27, 2010 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
#56799 by JTalbert
Thu May 27, 2010 7:38 am
The ad I see, is for the Hub, and The ad says the Hub is $99 then $9 a month.

The sneaky thing about this offer, you click on the ad, and it takes you straight to the page to buy it, does not give you any more information, you have to click on the terms of service and read 100 pages worth of legal jargon.

In the text, it does not clearly let you know that the 9.95 a month is for Premier, and does not even call it Premier. Premier is mentioned twice in the terms, but not in a manner that you can assume thats what your getting, and even though you can cancel it, it does not clearly let you know that you can cancel premier and keep with the basic service for no monthly fee.

Not very nice Ooma.
#56808 by lbmofo
Thu May 27, 2010 9:04 am
That offer's $9.99/mo service fee is not for Premier. It is for "Basic Plus."

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7890

Dennis P wrote:The "Basic Plus" service plan is our "Basic" service plan that normally comes with the Telo but also includes Enhanced Voicemail (call screening, voicemail attachments, DND/send-to-voicemail) which is normally $4.99 per month. Premier is still a $9.99 add-on though.

This alternate pricing model caters to the buyer who is looking for a lower barrier to entry and doesn't mind paying a low monthly fee for that flexibility.
#56997 by JTalbert
Sat May 29, 2010 4:03 pm
lbmofo wrote:That offer's $9.99/mo service fee is not for Premier. It is for "Basic Plus."

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7890

Thank you for the clarification,it does sound like a good deal.

Its just the way you click on the ad, and go straight to the order page, without really explaining what your getting for the price without reading legalease is in my opinion, a little slimy.
#57002 by allo
Sat May 29, 2010 5:21 pm
JTalbert wrote:
lbmofo wrote:That offer's $9.99/mo service fee is not for Premier. It is for "Basic Plus."

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7890

Thank you for the clarification,it does sound like a good deal.

Its just the way you click on the ad, and go straight to the order page...y.

In today's VOIP cut throat market... I have seen much cheaper deals targeting "people on a tight budget"...

#57017 by DTMF
Sun May 30, 2010 9:00 am
A few months back, there were plenty of Ooma ads on Jim Rome's nationally-syndicated sports talk radio show. That's an audience that's mostly young and mostly male.

IMO, the company is just selective about who it markets to.