Personal blacklist

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
jacque
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Personal blacklist

Post by jacque » Wed May 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Was this ever fixed? I now have 2 numbers I'd like to add to a blacklist. Every time I check the box to enable personal blacklists I get an error page that says "We're sorry, there was a problem processing the page." My selection won't "stick". I add a number anyway, I get an error that the service is temporarily unavailable, and then when I go back the number is listed anyway. I did that yesterday and when I checked again today, the number had disappeared and the checkbox to enable personal blacklists was turned off again. (I figure it must be a session cookie that made it show up before. When the session times out, nothing is saved.)

I chose Ooma over other VOIP products because it was the only one with personal blacklists, so I'd really like to get this working. There is one particular telemarketer who is harrassing me and I need to block them.

I wrote to support about it 2 days ago but of course have heard nothing. I believe I read somewhere that it works only with IE. I don't have IE, I use Firefox or Safari. All my other preferences have worked when I changed them.

VicMatson
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:57 am

Re: Personal blacklist

Post by VicMatson » Thu May 27, 2010 4:29 am

My blacklists work fine so try to get the telo to get a new image.

Btw, tele marketers are getting smarter. If you blacklist a number they just re-call using another!

jacque
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Personal blacklist

Post by jacque » Thu May 27, 2010 7:57 am

Thanks, what browser are you using? The problem I have is that the page won't update. I've tried several different browsers. I'm pretty sure it isn't a proble with blacklists, but with processing the browser input.

I'm not sure what you mean about the telo getting a new image.

jacque
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Personal blacklist

Post by jacque » Thu May 27, 2010 8:43 am

Update today: I can click the checkbox to enable personal blacklists, click Save, and it says it is saved successfully. I no longer get the page processing error. When I add a number to the blacklist, it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable." When I cancel that, the number appears in the list anyway.

Then I log out and log back in. The checkbox is no longer checked and the blacklist is completely empty. So it isn't saving my prefs, and it doesn't seem to be a browser issue like I thought.

My phone number was ported last Friday and I was told I should log in with the new ported number -- but I find I can log in with either my temporary Ooma number or my ported number. I wonder if it's getting confused.

Groundhound
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 9:28 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Personal blacklist

Post by Groundhound » Thu May 27, 2010 8:48 am

jacque wrote: My phone number was ported last Friday and I was told I should log in with the new ported number -- but I find I can log in with either my temporary Ooma number or my ported number. I wonder if it's getting confused.
I suspect this is at least related to the problem. I would delete all browser cache & cookies and only login with the ported number.

jacque
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Personal blacklist

Post by jacque » Thu May 27, 2010 9:37 am

Thanks. Did that, no change.

illini
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Personal blacklist

Post by illini » Thu May 27, 2010 11:56 am

jacque, I have exactly the same problem. My number ported last week and now personal blacklist does not work. My symptoms are identical to yours and I've tried all the same fixes -- logging in with IE instead of Firefox, dumping cache and history, etc. Nothing works. I think we can safely eliminate the browser as the problem. This is problem is on Ooma's end.

jacque
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Personal blacklist

Post by jacque » Thu May 27, 2010 3:22 pm

I'm delighted to hear it, illini. So which one of us has to call support? :) I'll bite the bullet tomorrow and do it, I think you're right it's probably a number porting issue. Thanks very much for confirming I'm not over the hill with the fairies.

User avatar
lbmofo
Posts: 9337
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Greater Seattle
Contact:

Re: Personal blacklist

Post by lbmofo » Thu May 27, 2010 3:26 pm

Acutally, I'd PM/Email one of the staff Bobby B, Dennis P, or ntoy to look into it for you. May save you from power cycling and doing QoS setups :)
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Image

dskny
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 5:43 pm

Re: Personal blacklist

Post by dskny » Thu May 27, 2010 5:47 pm

I'm having the same issue with the blacklist. Tried 3 different browsers, all same issues.

Signed up for Premier April 17, 2010
Requested port April 17, 2010
Number ported May 24, 2010

I've requested support a couple of days ago and yet to hear anything. Should anyone resolve, please pass along. I'm sure we're not the lucky few with this.

Post Reply