Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#60034 by bradforj
Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:30 pm
murphy wrote:
Reinhard2410 wrote:Are there other USB bluetooth adapters that will work besides the ooma one. This adapter (at least picture) looks identical to the toshiba one that I already have.

No, only the Ooma branded BT adapter will work.

Why limit it to only the ooma branded adapter? A guy earlier in the thread had a generic bluetooth adapter working. Why disable those? I have one in a drawer and would love to use it. I see no point in buying what I already have sitting here. Open it up to use any bluetooth adapter!
#60037 by murphy
Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:43 pm
Do you expect them to put a driver in their firmware for every BT adapter available on the planet?
They don't all work the same way.
#60039 by bradforj
Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:53 pm
murphy wrote:Do you expect them to put a driver in their firmware for every BT adapter available on the planet?
They don't all work the same way.

No, but it was stated that the generic hub that was working before would stop working. I'll end up buying the ooma branded adapter just because I want the functionality, but it would be nice to use the one I already have. Hopefully our purchases of the ooma branded one help to support the service, as I want ooma to succeed. That is a big reason I am a premier subscriber.
#62721 by brebro
Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:19 pm
I've followed all the steps and still can't get my LG 600G phone to recognize the Ooma bluetooth device, even though it's only a foot away. I've dialed the *"*"501 over and over and set my phone to VISIBLE and had it search for new devices, but no device is ever found.

Does anyone with this model phone have any advice on how they got it to work?
#62778 by brebro
Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:34 am
Yep, following those instructions to the letter, but nothing seems to happen with either my LG cellphone OR my Samsung WEP-250 headset. Maybe I got a bad bluetooth adapter.
#62785 by murphy
Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:27 am
brebro wrote:Yep, following those instructions to the letter, but nothing seems to happen with either my LG cellphone OR my Samsung WEP-250 headset. Maybe I got a bad bluetooth adapter.

Is the blue light on and blinking on the BT adapter?
#63093 by brebro
Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:50 am
No, I've never seen a blue light! (I didn't even realize it HAD one!) Does that mean this adapter is defective?
#63108 by murphy
Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:19 pm
brebro wrote:No, I've never seen a blue light! (I didn't even realize it HAD one!) Does that mean this adapter is defective?

If you have a USB extender cable available, plug it into the Telo and then plug the BT adapter into the extender cable. That is the only way I could get mine to work.