Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#56314 by Rick0822
Fri May 21, 2010 6:17 pm
I did a port form Comcast to Ooma, the port date was today. The port seemed to go just fine. Comcast has given up the number, Ooma has it and it works. The funny thing, is that my comcast eMTA still works and Comcast confirmed there is no number or voice features assigned to my account. When I call out on the eMTA with a phone plugged directly into it, the number that appears on caller ID is my old number that was ported. Does it just take time for this stuff to finalize? I forwarded my comcast number to my temporary Ooma number. As soon as I started the port, comcast took away my online access to google voice. So I have no way of verifying people calling me are going directly to Ooma. But when i call out on ooma the ported number appears, and I was given notification it's my new log on number.
#56316 by lbmofo
Fri May 21, 2010 6:56 pm
Can't speak to Comcast but with Verizon, the day of the port, I could still call out but incoming was going to ooma.