Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#56214 by theo1958
Thu May 20, 2010 8:28 pm
Today I decided to add a second number and the online system said it could not locate a local number for my area and to call CS. A young man, whom I understood clearly, (who spoke better English than Ricky Ricardo) explained how it worked....I had to be a Premier member etc. He gave me a reference number and said within 48 hour someone from OOMA would call me with a new local number. Within 20 minutes the same gentleman called me (yes, he called me!) and said he had a number and it had already been setup. All I had to do was reboot the Telo and all would be well.

I signed into my account and there it was a local number! When I used it the called ID was working and was correct. So all was said and done within 30 minutes.

Today's lessons: 1. An accent does not mean anyone is incompetent.
2. Being nice to a Customer Service rep can move things along very nicely.
3. Try waiting for a callback from Verizon, from the same representative, or any representative... you'l be collecting Social Security before you hear from them.
#56219 by southsound
Thu May 20, 2010 8:45 pm
theo1958 wrote: Try waiting for a callback from Verizon, from the same representative, or any representative... you'll be collecting Social Security before you hear from them.

Actually that is true for Qwest as well. I get an automatic deposit on the third wednesday of every month! Oh wait a second - maybe it's because I'm old already. :shock:

Q

#56238 by lbmofo
Fri May 21, 2010 6:05 am
Yet, still waiting for that darn call from Qwest heh southsound? :)