Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#55858 by theo1958
Tue May 18, 2010 6:42 am
I am a happy OOMA customer and after six weeks or so of use I have decided to port my old Verizon landline over to OOMA. Currently my OOMA number was one assigned to me by OOMA during the trial period. Here's my question: If I decide to make an outgoing call using my ported Verizon number how do I know which line I'm on when I pick up the handset? Is there a way to earmark my old landline as my new OOMA primary number and the original OOMA assigned number as the secondary?

I hope I'm making sense... If this can be done I want to start the port process before the trial period is over.
#55875 by DTMF
Tue May 18, 2010 7:53 am
The ported number will replace your Ooma-assigned number. You will no longer have the Ooma-assigned number on your account after the port.
#55889 by theo1958
Tue May 18, 2010 9:02 am
If I used the Premier option of picking a second phone number... couldn't that second number be my old ported number? And even it I could not do that, can I chose which number I am dialing out on?
#55890 by murphy
Tue May 18, 2010 9:06 am
If you have Premier the temporary number can become your second number. Call them and tell them that is what you want.

If you precede your call with **1, it will use the caller ID of the second number.