Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#55728 by ooma-fan
Sun May 16, 2010 8:32 pm
I have been using my second line (scout) quite often, I just note lately that my second line suddenly lost dial tone by itself. while scout had been showing the solid bule as it was normal.
Switching the line to a differnet telephone set did not help. I had to power cycle the scout which had been in solid blue to bring back the dial tone.
Did you guys experience the same problem, or is it just something wrong with my scout?
:?:
#56558 by dlebryk
Mon May 24, 2010 8:17 pm
I'm seeing the exact same problem. The problem has gotten a lot worse in the last few weeks. Happens about 2x a week now.

The problem: the scout shows up nice and blue. The hub works perfectly fine. The phone connected to the scout has no dial tone and in comeing calls do not ring on the scout. The hub rings perfectly fine and always has a dial tone. If I power off and back on the scout, it goes back to working fine.

Any solution to the problem?
#57952 by moorethatguy
Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:20 am
I registered with this forum just now because I have been having the exact same problem. As long as I power cycle the scout I can get a dial tone, but the length of time that it remains is inconsistent, and it usually isn't long. The hub works fine and the scout works fine after the power cycle. I can't figure out what the problem is.
#89514 by thunderbird
Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:51 am
Slavik wrote:I am getting the same behavior with scout.
Wondering if anyone has a solution to this.

Some things that you could try:

Hub and/or Scout factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success.

Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

If that doesn't help:
Tempoarily move the Scout to the Hub location. Connect a phone cord between the Hub and Scout Wall phone ports. Connect a phone to the Scout Phone port. Test over a period of time.