Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#55712 by Lyzardo
Sun May 16, 2010 1:59 pm
At some point last week, my ported number became "unported" from Ooma, and no longer works. When people call my number, they get a busy tone or a "can't complete your call" recording. I can call out, and our original Ooma-issued number works both ways, but our ported number is a no-go. (This is after five months of perfect service.) I've had my phone number for almost 20 years, so I obviously want to keep it.

I contacted Ooma support on May 12, and they seemed eager, but so far have not corrected the problem. I have also seen no updates via email, as they told me they were going to issue. I called again on May 13, and was told not to call again - look for an email. So far, zero from Ooma. Not sure if this is an Ooma-specific problem or not, but at least some update would have been good to have by now.

Has anyone else lost their ported number after a few months of service?
#55714 by southsound
Sun May 16, 2010 2:18 pm
I've never ported my number but I think I can offer a suggestion:

Send an email to Norm Toy, Bobby B, or Tom B. These folks are awesome and I'm sure they will take care of you in no time at all. Remember that courtesy and respect are always better than threats or anger. You can click the links below to load the message screen.

Norm Toy
Bobby B
Tom B
#55756 by Lyzardo
Mon May 17, 2010 9:48 am
Hollywood wrote:did you power off then on your Ooma (reboot) after the port? if not, try and see if that helps.

Yes, I have done this several times. I do it a couple times a day, just to see if things have been corrected. So far, no go.
#55758 by Lyzardo
Mon May 17, 2010 9:56 am
southsound wrote:I've never ported my number but I think I can offer a suggestion:

Send an email to Norm Toy, Bobby B, or Tom B. These folks are awesome and I'm sure they will take care of you in no time at all. Remember that courtesy and respect are always better than threats or anger. You can click the links below to load the message screen.

Norm Toy
Bobby B
Tom B

Thanks. I will send out an email.
#55770 by sqez435
Mon May 17, 2010 11:59 am
I have been dealing with the same trouble. It started for me about two weeks ago. Customer service after several hours told me they would get on it. I was told I was a level 3 problem call (whatever that meant). I went for three days with no incoming calls. I called Tech Support again and after much trial and error they got my system to receive calls...to my horror they reconfigured my whole system and in doing so I lost all my data and settings. I also am still not working the way it did. I had my landline set up and assigned to the scout with my ported number assigned to the hub. Because my system is all changed (by Tech Support), my account number changed too and I am no longer able to view my account info on my ported number except in a limited way. Much like you I have been instructed to be patient and that ooma is working on solving the problem. I got an email from them asking me for feedback on my trouble call. It still is not resolved and they wish my feedback??? I have sent a few emails on to tech support because working with them for hours on the phone with no result is time I can't afford to waste. The email response seems to be the same...we are working on your problem...I've asked for some idea when my system can be put back the way it was but have yet to get any solid answer. When my system was reconfigured I lost all my voicemail settings. I went for maybe a week before I discovered that because I didn't re-set-up my voicemail it was not working and I lost who knows how many calls. IF you get your system back and running be sure to check that your voice mail is still set the way you want it as well as your black lists and preferences. Good Luck...E.L.
#55808 by Lyzardo
Mon May 17, 2010 5:28 pm
Sent an email to Norm Toy as suggested, and he replied back quickly telling me "Currently the issue is with our carrier having issues routing the calls. We have escalated a ticket with them. Will keep you posted."

So, at least I'm getting updates, which is good.
#56405 by FreePhone
Sat May 22, 2010 7:10 pm
I am glad to hear things got fixed. I am new to Ooma and want to port over my home number of 13 years, but got a bit worried when reading about your troubles. After paying $200 for my core and then anther $40 to port my number, only have issues would be very upsetting to me. I am still a little nervous about going through with the porting, but will most likely do it.