Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#55325 by dcandmc
Tue May 11, 2010 5:09 pm
For some reason, in My Ooma I am unable to change my call forwarding preference away from Multi-Ring to Forward on Network Outage. Whenever I make the change and then click on "Save," I get a message that says "We're sorry, there was a problem processing the page." I am advised to contact Ooma Support or report the issue in the Ooma Forum if the problem persists. I can't even change the Multi-Ring number.

I called Ooma Support, and after being placed on hold for 10 minutes I was told to log out of My Ooma, and then log back in after 30 minutes and try again to modify the call forwarding preference. Sorry, but that doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

I really need to get out of Multi-Ring mode, as the Multi-Ring number selected right now is my cell phone. If my cell phone is off or not getting service, it will kick right to its voice mail before I can pick up my phone at home. Help!
#55337 by dcandmc
Tue May 11, 2010 7:45 pm
lbmofo wrote:I don't seem to have the same issues. Try a different browser or clear your cookies yet?

Cookies were cleared. I don't have a different browser. If My Ooma doesn't have full funcionality with IE8, the Telo gets returned for a refund tomorrow. Sorry, but I shouldn't have to be jumping through these hoops to get this stuff to work.
#55347 by dcandmc
Wed May 12, 2010 5:43 am
lbmofo wrote:I'd PM/Email one of the staff Bobby B, Dennis P, or ntoy to look into it for you.

How is the call quality after your new modem?

The call quality is fine. There is a slight delay, so it's easier for the two parties to talk over each other, but we can get used to that for the $45 monthly savings.

During the second call to Ooma support last night, the CSR logged into my My Ooma account and experienced the same problem that I describe above. With the help of a supervisor, "the database" was supposedly directly updated to change my forwarding preference from Multi-Ring to Forward On Network Outage. This morning, My Ooma still shows my forwarding preference to be Multi-Ring (and I still get the same error message when I try to change it), although Multi-Ring appears to no longer be active.
#55865 by dcandmc
Tue May 18, 2010 7:22 am
Overdue update:
The problem was fixed within two days. I ended up talking to web support in Palo Alto, and they were very proactive. Apparently, there was a problem synching the web function with the master database.

Unrelated question:
I ported a number and have been charged the porting fee. I'm still undecided on whether or not I should subscribe to Ooma Premier after my 60 day free trial is up. Can I still take advantage of the free number port (in my case, a refund of what I have already paid) that comes with a one year Premier subscription?
#55870 by feartheturtle
Tue May 18, 2010 7:47 am
dcandmc wrote:
I ported a number and have been charged the porting fee. I'm still undecided on whether or not I should subscribe to Ooma Premier after my 60 day free trial is up. Can I still take advantage of the free number port (in my case, a refund of what I have already paid) that comes with a one year Premier subscription?

There has been no problem in the past with the request you mention, but it will need to be handled via Ooma's phone support. Give them a call - they should arrange for one year of premier (that will begin after your free trial is completed) for roughly $40 less then the going rate. There should be no need to refund anything to your credit card account.
#55877 by bw1
Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am
feartheturtle wrote:
dcandmc wrote:

There has been no problem in the past with the request you mention, but it will need to be handled via Ooma's phone support. Give them a call - they should arrange for one year of premier (that will begin after your free trial is completed) for roughly $40 less then the going rate. There should be no need to refund anything to your credit card account.

This has to be done before your free trial is up though.