Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#55165 by cperren
Mon May 10, 2010 9:15 am
Using my second line (office line), I've been disconnected from a conference call which has caused my OOMA line to hang with the conference line. This results in my voice message playing (and repeating) every 300 seconds followed by a message that the maximum time for recording has been exceeded. The problem is that it repeats every 300 seconds and there is no way to stop it other than shutting down the conference line for everyone which is not always possible. :x :x :x

This has been very embarrassing for myself and my company when my voice message replays every 300 seconds and the only way to stop it is to shut down the conference line for everyone. This has happened multiple times at different customers using different conference lines with many people on it. Although I like OOMA, I cannot have this happen again. Can I turn off my voice message on my office line? What can I do to prevent this from occuring

- Frustrated ... :x :x :x

I've found additional messages with similar problems

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7696&p=54394&hilit=repeat#p54394

Chris Perren
Call Support # CS45809
Last edited by cperren on Mon May 10, 2010 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
#55168 by southsound
Mon May 10, 2010 9:23 am
I can't help with the voicemail problem but I can with another potential one. Remember the ad for LifeBlock where the CEO posts his Social Security Number on a mobile billboard pulled around town by a truck? Putting your real phone number on a public user forum is just about as dangerous. I'd recommend using the edit function of the board to remove it. It serves no purpose to have it there for users since it is already a part of your trouble ticket.