Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#55388 by sfhub
Wed May 12, 2010 4:10 pm
southsound wrote:When you say there is no UI, have you gone to my.ooma.com and logged in? If so, you can go to Preferences, then click Call Forwarding. Check to see that Enable Call Forwarding is not checked. Now proceed:

(1) If it is checked, uncheck it and click Save. It may take about 5 minutes to take effect and personally, I'd unplug my Telo for a few minutes, then plug it back in so it grabs a new configuration from ooma's servers.

(2) If it is un-checked, it means that you have no way to take care of the problem yourself. You will need to get ooma involved. You could call support at 888 711-6662 and hope they escalate to a higher level - or you could take my earlier advice and send an email to a person who can fix it in a heartbeat. Your choice.

There is no "checked" or "un-checked". When you have Ooma Basic, and click on Call Forwarding at my.ooma.com, it just gives you a page asking you to sign up for Premier. That is what he means by "There is no UI"

The bug is on the Ooma back-end. Call forwarding gets enabled (w/o user intervention) even though the user only has Ooma Basic.

Presentation of the Call Forwarding UI at my.ooma.com is not based on whether call forwarding is enabled. It is based on what service-level the user has. If call forwarding is enabled (through a bug) on the Ooma back-end and the user has Ooma Basic, there will be no way for the user to disable it. They need to contact Ooma to get it disabled, which was your 2nd suggestion.

I'm just clarifying what the user sees in case they are affected by this bug. The suggested resolution is the right way to go.