Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#55217 by towhids
Mon May 10, 2010 2:40 pm
Thank you everyone for your inputs, suggestions in this post.

I got complete resolution of problem and Mr. Norman Toy kindly helped me to move my account to a core service, for which I paid in the first place. So, those of you who suggested that I accept the terms, here is a piece of information that will be important to you. Persistence pays off and Mark Twain's quote is not applicable. A consumer understand that a device could be faulty while paying money to buy an equipment. BUT, a big BUT, is that s/he knows it comes under some warranty so that s/he can return the device and get the one that works. In all US business practices, consumer rights are protected.

Finally, I hope some of the people who accepted the "luck of the draw" could be benefited from my post and get resolution of their problem.
#55220 by towhids
Mon May 10, 2010 2:52 pm
lbmofo wrote:How nice of ooma to do that for you. The key here is that they were being nice; you weren't entitled.

You are entitled to your opinion and I will give you that. I believe I am entitled for the service, as another friend of mine got by purchasing similar product, from the same store on the same day. Discriminatory service is unacceptable, and I am sure Ooma doesn't practice that.

"Being Nice" is not a professional term. I consider Ooma did the right thing and did it in a professional manner. Now, that's my opinion.
#55230 by lbmofo
Mon May 24, 2010 3:25 pm
Don't get me wrong towhids, I am happy for you; welcome aboard by the way.

ooma doesn't discriminate; everything is based on the serial # of the unit you activate. Your case was an exception rather than the rule so others in the same boat should not expect the same outcome as yours.
#56973 by anonymouse
Sat May 29, 2010 11:32 am
ok - this is all still very confusing. What EXACTLY determines if you pay or don't pay these fees and taxes? The NEW (not refurb) OOmas as selling under various names:

1. OOMA SB 1000109101 VOIP Device
2. Ooma Core Hub and Scout

How can you tell if either of these will be slammed with additional fees?