Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#54595 by Solie
Sun May 02, 2010 5:50 pm
Does Fax machine work with Ooma? Any special connections or instructions?

I searched for word "fax" but could not find any thread. It is kind of strange. I am thinking, some one must have asked this question before me.
#54596 by coldsteel
Sun May 02, 2010 6:43 pm
That is strange - I keyed FAX into the search box and nothing comes up either - other words work (OOMA, DTMF) but fax shows nothing. Anyway take a look around at the topics and then the threads FAX and FAX related issues have been discussed here many times, basically it should work.
#54597 by murphy
Sun May 02, 2010 6:53 pm
Search terms on Ooma forums must be at least 4 characters long.
Fax machine will get you over 1000 hits.
#54671 by Solie
Mon May 03, 2010 3:44 pm
This search engine is not working right. Thanks Murphy for the info. I now noticed an Advanced Search button. Color is so bad, you can hardly see it. But even that was no use.

I have Ooma Telo, and my Internet is thru naked DSL. I have an old fax machine that was connected to regular telco line. Now that I have VOIP, Can I connect that fax machine. I do not want to connect it to any PC/laptop. Just stand alone. Is it doable?

Any special wiring needed?
#54679 by murphy
Mon May 03, 2010 4:39 pm
Solie wrote:This search engine is not working right. Thanks Murphy for the info. I now noticed an Advanced Search button. Color is so bad, you can hardly see it. But even that was no use.

I have Ooma Telo, and my Internet is thru naked DSL. I have an old fax machine that was connected to regular telco line. Now that I have VOIP, Can I connect that fax machine. I do not want to connect it to any PC/laptop. Just stand alone. Is it doable?

Any special wiring needed?

Just connect it to the phone jack on the Telo.
Precede fax calls with *99 pause
#54693 by DTMF
Mon May 03, 2010 6:39 pm
Solie wrote:This search engine is not working right. Thanks Murphy for the info. I now noticed an Advanced Search button.
It's not the board's fault or Ooma's fault. It's a limitation of the Linux platform that the board's server is running on. Message boards on Linux servers can't do searches of search terms fewer than 4 characters.
#54743 by Solie
Tue May 04, 2010 2:29 pm
Thanks, I will try it and report here.
#54838 by Bobby B
Wed May 05, 2010 5:04 pm
Try plugging this into Google:

fax machine site:www.ooma.com/forums
#54851 by Groundhound
Thu May 06, 2010 3:50 am
DTMF wrote:
Solie wrote:This search engine is not working right. Thanks Murphy for the info. I now noticed an Advanced Search button.
It's not the board's fault or Ooma's fault. It's a limitation of the Linux platform that the board's server is running on. Message boards on Linux servers can't do searches of search terms fewer than 4 characters.

Actually it is a limitation of the board's software, phpBB. If you want to see an example of an open source forum running on Linux that allows three character searches, look at Simple Machines Forum (http://simplemachines.org). SMF allows three character searches but filters trivial words like "the".