Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#54392 by Yoda
Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:12 pm
I have an ooma hub and scont; each assigned with a different phone number. This system has been up and runing since last august without a hitch.

As of today, the assigned scout number is giving out "This number has been disconnected" to anyone who calls it from any number other then an ooma caller (land line, cell, other voip carrier etc).

I reported the issue earlier today and received a support ticket case number for the issue. I was also informed that they would be calling me back within 24-48 hours with their progress.

The 24-48 hour reponse ime is a HUGE issue for me since this is a business line. Not only will I miss out on any new business that would call in; but it will also be embarrising for me and my company to our existing clients who happen to call while this is takign place.

I recalled ooma support again and was told this is happening to several people on their secondary numbers (so it seems it is a wide spread issue).

Could someone else confirm having the same issue as I described?

Also could someone from ooma tech support or engineering contact me directly about this issue as I would be willing to help troubleshoot anything form my end that could be of assistance. Anything that would get this resolved promptly would be in all of our interets.....
#54433 by swyman18
Sat May 01, 2010 12:49 am
The 24-48 hour reponse ime is a HUGE issue for me since this is a business line.

They would probably tell you ooma is for residential use only.

Just my opinion, but I would never trust any VOIP line for anything that critical.
#54437 by Yoda
Sat May 01, 2010 5:28 am
Even for home phone usage, the inabiluity to use the service for a min of 24-48 hours is totally unacceptable. Land lines have to have service renabled within 12 hours of a reported outage for at least usable 911 service by law.

In any event, ooma can be used for residential or business use as long as the outgoing mins do NOT go over 5000 ougoing mins/mth per their TOS. They simply do NOT want business's such as "call centers" to abuse their network and tie up their resources.

As far as using a voip service for business goes; I have done it for the past 8 years or so choosing to use vonage and now ooma as my provider. If you don 't think traditional land lines have issues once in a while; you're sadly mistaken (which I know from personal experience).

At any rate, the intention of this thread was to see if anyone else can report having the same issue. :?:
#54444 by murphy
Sat May 01, 2010 6:54 am
Yoda wrote:Even for home phone usage, the inabiluity to use the service for a min of 24-48 hours is totally unacceptable. Land lines have to have service renabled within 12 hours of a reported outage for at least usable 911 service by law.

You can't legislate a repair. They can't fix it until they figure out what and where the problem is. The last time my Verizon line was out it took 19 hours to get it operational again. It was an area wide outage that had the side effect of dialing 911 all on it's own. The police were getting 911 calls from all over the township faster than they could respond to them. On their third trip to my house I told them to ignore it since I could use my cell phone if I actually needed them. I later discovered that it had also been dialing 411. I didn't pay for those calls.