Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#54338 by hari
Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:20 pm
sfhub wrote:Under MyOoma->Account->Services, if it says

Your service level is: Core
Taxes and fees: No payments due at this time, subject to Terms and Conditions

Then you don't have any fees.

Yep, that is what it exactly says in my a/c. But I am still wary of what the customer service has been telling us when called. Could someone from Ooma confirm the above statement?
#54340 by sfhub
Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:00 pm
Perhaps Ooma will confirm directly, but the information is already available.

Read the following two posts, first one stating the same service description as yours, and 2nd with the results of asking Ooma.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7690
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7690&start=10#p54255

Also if you read Dennis P's response on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7716#p54256
and notice that what you are seeing is exactly the same as what someone who registered an Ooma Core (Hub+Scout) bundle sees.

If you got one of the Hubs that have charges, it actually says what the charge will be (and your says nothing about charges) You can see that from this post:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7614#p53670

I'm 99.9% sure the billing system will base its charges on what your account is coded for rather than what some CSR tells you, so if you are coded the same as an Ooma Core (Hub+Scout bundle) customer you'll get the same terms, which means no fees.

The reason I'm pretty sure you are coded the same as an Ooma Core (Hub+Scout bundle) customer is because service level "Core" means you have name+number incoming caller-id and voicemail notifications (not forwarding) are included. These are currently only offered to Ooma Core (Hub+Scout bundle) customers (and to Hubs the system thinks are Ooma Core bundles)
#54361 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:24 am
Maybe what we need is some kind of cross reference posted by one of the staff guys that we can reference and point out in the future (if this kind of cross reference is even possible) such as:

"Base service tier: Ooma Core" then no taxes
"Base service tier: Ooma Basic" then you would be paying $11.75 RRF per year
"Base service tier: Ooma Basic Monthly" then you would be paying monthly RRF based on Zip Code

:)