Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#54365 by coldsteel
Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:07 am
murphy wrote:If you need two hard wired lines now, you can do it with two Telo bases.

I just noticed your signture murphy: Hub with 2 Scouts; Telo with 3 Handsets
which is close to what I was thinking for a better upgrade deal- I'm impressed and I've gotta ask - you can just say MYOB but do you have them all Active?
#54367 by murphy
Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:23 am
coldsteel wrote:
murphy wrote:If you need two hard wired lines now, you can do it with two Telo bases.

I just noticed your signture murphy: Hub with 2 Scouts; Telo with 3 Handsets
which is close to what I was thinking for a better upgrade deal- I'm impressed and I've gotta ask - you can just say MYOB but do you have them all Active?

All units are active. Phone numbers in PA, FL, UT.
One scout provides a second phone number, the other scout provides the instant second line for the primary number.
#54370 by joeed2
Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:51 am
ooma-fan wrote:As a lifetime Premier subscriber with hub, I am considering ooma's offer of upgrading hub to telo.


When you subscribed to lifetime Premier, your warranty on your hub was extended to 3 years. Why don't you wait until you get close to your 3 year anniversary, and then upgrade to whatever Ooma device is the latest and greatest at that time?
#54409 by ooma-fan
Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:02 pm
joeed2 wrote:When you subscribed to lifetime Premier, your warranty on your hub was extended to 3 years. Why don't you wait until you get close to your 3 year anniversary, and then upgrade to whatever Ooma device is the latest and greatest at that time?

Thank you all for the suggestions!
I guess I would stay with hub/scout for a couple of more years or till the telo/hanset offer the similar functionality.
As for murphy's two Telo bases approach, it would not fit me as I have one premier account now which can be transfered to telo/handset, but I'd need additional account for the second telo base.
#54582 by ooma1113
Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
I've been trying to figure out if I want the offer. After reading all the posts I do not see any reason that would really make me want to give up my existing setup. I'm staying with the hub and scout. The old adage if it is not broken do not fix it applies here for me. ;)
#54715 by MikeekiM
Tue May 04, 2010 7:36 am
jtykal wrote:I have a need for 2 separate wired phone numbers, so I'm sticking with the Hub/Scout combination. The Telo solution of dedicating a handset to a second phone number doesn't do it for me.


It is the biggest reason why I won't move to Telo...

I want two wired lines... as opposed to an "instant 2nd line" which is similar...but not identical...
#54717 by Groundhound
Tue May 04, 2010 8:09 am
MikeekiM wrote:It is the biggest reason why I won't move to Telo...

I want two wired lines... as opposed to an "instant 2nd line" which is similar...but not identical...

To clarify, "Instant Second Line" is the term Ooma uses for both Hub and Telo platforms, it's usable with a wired handset on the Hub with a Scout but the Telo requires the cordless Telo Handset for this Premier feature.
#54766 by MikeekiM
Tue May 04, 2010 6:40 pm
Groundhound wrote:
MikeekiM wrote:It is the biggest reason why I won't move to Telo...

I want two wired lines... as opposed to an "instant 2nd line" which is similar...but not identical...

To clarify, "Instant Second Line" is the term Ooma uses for both Hub and Telo platforms, it's usable with a wired handset on the Hub with a Scout but the Telo requires the cordless Telo Handset for this Premier feature.


Yes... I agree...

My only point was that you need a hub/scout in order to use the instant 2nd line feature to feed a two line phone in a conventional way... Which is what I want/need...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests