Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#54107 by Knight2000
Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:53 am
Hello,

I have been using Ooma for the past two years and loving it! Although, I have just found that there is an issue with saving personal blacklists. My previous entries have all been wiped out and is not showing any data, and when I add a number to the blacklist, it shows as saved, but close the browser and log back in, it is gone and the list is empty. Is anyone else having this issue?

P.S. I have the original ooma hub and scout, in case that matters.

Thanks,
Knight2000
#54246 by whn
Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:28 am
I'd say the more posts on this the better

Makes OOMA realize the volume of complains.

This is a big company, making serious money , not providing service they advertise so far .

So I dont blame customers for starting new support threads, especially when their 800 support people dont have answers.
#54343 by stumpy
Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:13 pm
Amen...the more threads the better. I got criticized also for not posting "properly. Maybe a moderator will stumble across these issues. I don't care if they have already been reported by others, or that they "are working on it". Keep up the heat.
#54396 by Knight2000
Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:39 pm
Thank you all for the replies. It appears they've fixed the issue because I now see the list again. Sorry to those who feel like I shouldn't have posted because it was posted elsewhere, but I really didn't see it and don't have time to search for it. I agree with the others that the more threads about the same topic, the faster response from tech support. This goes for any company/entity.

Anyway, problem solved....thanks Ooma.

Knight2000
#54419 by Groundhound
Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:33 pm
Knight2000 wrote:Sorry to those who feel like I shouldn't have posted because it was posted elsewhere, but I really didn't see it and don't have time to search for it. I agree with the others that the more threads about the same topic, the faster response from tech support. This goes for any company/entity.

I apparently offended some folks with my comment above - my intention was to direct you to the existence of other active threads that you might find informative regarding the blacklist problem. I was not suggesting that you not post, I just believe that it is more effective to have many posts in a single thread where everyone knows what's going on and the thread stays alive and at the top of the "active topics" list, as opposed to a scattering of threads with few posts that are quickly buried in the active topics list. A single thread with many posts is also more likely to get a response from someone from Ooma, because that Ooma employee will know that such a thread will likely be viewed by more people (people tend to follow threads they've posted to).

There are a number of Ooma customers here who enjoy helping other people get the most from their Ooma service, and such people tend to use the "active topics" list to quickly view new topics with problems they might be able to help with or have an interest in. It's perhaps human nature to view your own problem as the most important, but usually there are a number of ongoing problems that may be unique to an individual user. If there are many different threads covering a known problem like the blacklist issue that affected just about everyone (me included), the person with an individual problem is less likely to have his/her thread seen by someone who may be able help.

Regarding searching and your concern that it would be too time consuming, there is a search box at the top of every forum page where you can type keywords to see if there are ongoing discussions (keywords need to be 4 or more letters). One particularly useful tool is the "Advanced search" link below the search box. If you click on that link you will find that you can not only enter search terms but also enter a user name in the "Search for author" box. Anyone who spends much time here knows that there are two Ooma employees who generally make comments on widespread problems or Ooma policy, "Dennis P" and "Bobby B". So if you go to the Advanced search page and enter "blacklist" as a keyword and "Bobby B" (without the quotes) as the author, you will see every post that Bobby B has made that contains the word "blacklist". This is a handy tool to see if Ooma is aware of a widespread issue and what actions they are taking, and it doesn't take much time.

Again I intended no offense with my earlier comment. I was just trying to suggest a means whereby important problems get the attention they deserve by the use of frequently updated threads with many posts, but the individual customer problem is not drowned out.