Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#54101 by tkramer
Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:19 am
If I was to move my hub to the upgraded Teleo deal, what kind of fees would my family member have to pay to get the Hub up and running with premier with their number ported over? Would they have the yearly tax fees as well?

Thanks
#54108 by Groundhound
Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:54 am
tkramer wrote:If I was to move my hub to the upgraded Teleo deal, what kind of fees would my family member have to pay to get the Hub up and running with premier with their number ported over? Would they have the yearly tax fees as well?

I think there would be a reactivation or ownership transfer fee (currently $79.99), I'm not sure about the tax.
#54111 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:05 am
This might help as far as activaton fee.

This blog talks about the tax "The used Ooma Hub may be resold but will require a $59.99 reactivation fee to assign a new number and owner. When activated, the new account will be subject to the $11.75 annual regulatory recovery fee." However, at the time, the monthly tax based on Zip wasn't implemented so this might very well be changed to the new monthly tax.
#54114 by allo
Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:21 am
tkramer wrote:If I was to move my hub to the upgraded Teleo deal, what kind of fees would my family member have to pay to get the Hub up and running with premier with their number ported over? Would they have the yearly tax fees as well?

Thanks

Very likely 11.75 since it is a unit put into service before the 3.49 per month change ... and since it is about 1 year old; it would be wise to get a 1 year warranty at 39.99 if possible.
Total then would be (79.99+11.75+39.99)= 131.73

If it can be sold for 50-75 on the Internet; It would be wiser to buy a brand new unit for the family member when they go on sale!